Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 19-06-2005 , 12:14 AM
Subscriber
okay, new scene update...softened the light rays quite a bit and darkened the water...also added some shadows..i had originally done it as depth map, but i kept getting really bad results...darkened parts of my model that i didnt want and it was really pixelated when i tried bluring/softening it...so i switched to raytrace and i like the results much better...even though my rendering takes a bit longer.
i'm thinking of adding some foliage...possibly a school of fish or jellyfish...the scene's a little bland at the moment...but we'll see how that goes and if i have time user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 17 19-06-2005 , 02:33 AM
Subscriber
okay...added a particle system to simulate a school of fishies...here's the scene

Attached Thumbnails
# 18 19-06-2005 , 02:34 AM
Subscriber
i just made a quick fish model...nothing detailed since you can't really see them in the scene...used the reference image of the fish as the texture...here it is

Attached Images
# 19 19-06-2005 , 10:46 AM
Subscriber

Idea

have here is a thought, maybe you could put more dolphins in there. I was looking at it an for me it was begging for some more in the back ground and you could do it really easily. I think you could add a lot of interest to the shot that way. Anyway the model looks really nice good stuff.

CDV
# 20 19-06-2005 , 12:48 PM
Subscriber
Scene looks very moody, i like the single dolphin! Nice lighting user added image

# 21 19-06-2005 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber
thanks!

i thought about adding a couple more dolphins...a mate and a baby perhaps...and some coral off to the side where the fish are comin from

it took me a while to figure out how to get everything the way it is...this is really the first time i've done anything with regards to setting up a scene...i like how it's turning out...the particles were a pain though...i kept creating thousands of particles from thin air somehow while trying to instance my fish! >_<

# 22 21-06-2005 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber
okay...here's the scene so far...added a baby dolphin...and a couple more in the background...also put in some foliage in the fore and background...how's it looking?

Attached Thumbnails
# 23 22-06-2005 , 09:08 AM
Subscriber
maybe abit to dark, but overall it looks pretty good.

Dae

"I THINK, THEREFORE I AM"
René Descartes

www.mvorster.co.uk