Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 18-10-2007 , 03:19 AM
Hi Benny,
trust me, you're not too much of a noob. I entered a comp shortly after becoming a member. I was completely new to all this 3d stuff. Participating in the competitions have helped improve my skills greatly.

If you're interested in joining a comp, I encourage you to do so. If you enter, just completing an assignment is a big achievement.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 17 18-10-2007 , 09:28 AM
Unfortunately, I don't even have a clue about how to apply a texture to a mash user added image.
Anyway, I just got another great idea for a competition - Recreate a big movie scene...

# 18 18-10-2007 , 10:37 AM
A monster/prehistorical animals, competition could be rather fun, or just pick a random word and we have to model something related to that. user added image

# 19 18-10-2007 , 11:17 AM
The random word thing was done a few challenges ago (in fact it might have been longer thant I think!)

Some good Ideas on here, I think that a poll should be posted a month in advance with the different Ideas and then the winners what the challenge is???

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 20 18-10-2007 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by gster123
The random word thing was done a few challenges ago (in fact it might have been longer thant I think!)

Some good Ideas on here, I think that a poll should be posted a month in advance with the different Ideas and then the winners what the challenge is???

i have to agree with the pole idea, some of the time the competions just dont intrest me so i pass on them, i really wish we could do the game character one again,

p.s what about we do a favourate comic character, such as picking 3 comic characters and combing them together to form a new character

# 21 18-10-2007 , 01:18 PM
Lifetime Member

what about we do a favourate comic character, such as picking 3 comic characters and combing them together to form a new character

Like the Silver Spiderhulk ..could be cool..hehe

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 22 23-10-2007 , 04:12 AM
Subscriber
Question from me Mike,

Will the next challenge start straight after this one? or will there be a bit of a delay to give everyone a bit of a rest etc ...

Cheers ...

# 23 23-10-2007 , 05:20 AM
How about a dystopia themed scene? I've got a few ideas floating around in me head but not enough skill to make them...

C. P. U. Its not a big processor... Its a series of pipes!
# 24 23-10-2007 , 07:40 AM
Jr.Who
How about one where we create our computer setup? Like, our computer, the peripherals, the monitor, the desk, etc.

# 25 23-10-2007 , 07:44 AM

Originally posted by Jr.Who
How about one where we create our computer setup? Like, our computer, the peripherals, the monitor, the desk, etc.

I aint modeling the watercooling set up ive got! LOL!

Nah, seriously sounds good. No probs with ref!

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 26 23-10-2007 , 08:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
I'm hoping the next challenge will begin this Thursday, but it'll be a longer challenge due to the holidays coming up.

# 27 23-10-2007 , 03:36 PM
Subscriber
Cool, thanks mate ...

# 28 24-10-2007 , 06:42 AM
good idea for a thread - i like the idea of redesigning a cartoon character - no need to limit it to just the 80's and 90's, or cartoons for that matter... i can think of a ton that might be fun to do.

another idea might be to design a useless product - it was a project that our design teachers used to set to get us thinking outside the box - the whole point is to make something that serves no purpose - so one guy invented a catapult type machine that held a giraffe's eyelids open while it fired contact lenses into its eyes... er...ha..ha.. just an idea. user added image

benny k - don't let your lack of experience stop you from entering - the whole point is so that we all work on a similar theme and help each other out as we face the same problems. i've learnt a ton every time i entered one.