Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 22-01-2008 , 08:48 AM
Subscriber

second monitor playing video

i dont suppose anyone here has a second monitor....do they?

i'm working off a laptop and i have now got me a 22" second monitor (ok i should have got me a 24"....)

and when i play videos it shows up on the second monitor...

is there a way to make it not show up, so i can use maya in the big resolution and watch the video tutorial in parallel on the laptop monitor?

or should i just go back to small res when watching a video....

anyone know what i'm on about user added image

# 2 22-01-2008 , 02:33 PM
Lifetime Member
Hi , display settings are usually a combination of OS settings and graphics card driver settings.
I don't know what OS you are running but on XP you can right click on the desktop and choose properties to bring up the Display settings window, got to the settings tab and you can adjust your monitor resolutions and which is the primary monitor ect.
Your graphics card driver shouls aslo have software that allows you to set more advanced settings like whether you have dual view or horizontal span or just clone.
Nvidia cards have nview where you can send apps to one monitor or another if you are in dual view or you can just drag the window to which ever monitor you need.
If you are running a Mac then I have no clue.

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner
# 3 23-01-2008 , 09:42 AM
Subscriber
yeah i'm running XP (because vista is evil) and i did try to switch between which is primary and which is secondary, but unfortunately the option is greyed out.... :angery:

and i was looking through the nvidia drivers to see if i could find a way to make it drive the way i want, but there wasn't anything i could see that would help....

i figure i'll just turn off duel monitors and have the laptop feed into the external monitor until the time i get a desktop (of course by then i wont need the video tutorials because i'll be pro :attn: )

# 4 23-01-2008 , 11:51 AM
If its greyed out it could be that your card might not be able to output to what you want.

On my laptop if I right click i get some nvidia options that I can configure and all my options are in there (above and beyond windows display settings).

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 5 23-01-2008 , 12:58 PM
Subscriber
HOT DOG!!!!!!!! :attn: :attn: :attn:

I FOUND WHERE IT IS THAT I DISABLE IT ON THE NVIDIA DRIVERS

yaaaaaaaaaay!!!!:attn: :attn: