Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-04-2017 , 10:57 AM
Subscriber

3D poster design

Recently created this poster for a local festival. It's a small festival from my hometown.
I created the entire poster in 3D in Maya and rendered it with Mental Ray with some basic Lamberts and 1 Mila material. Used a lot of Photoshop to Adjust the colors and contrast. Pretty proud of the result.
The only thing I litteraly hate is that the organisation wanted to put all the logo's of their biggest sponsers on the poster. So now their are 13 logo's ruining the bottom part of the poster user added image

Hope you guys like it. Critics are always welcome.

user added image

# 2 30-04-2017 , 12:46 PM
SM Tea Boy
Nicely done looks great I like the art style you managed to achieve.

Good job

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 01-05-2017 , 07:06 AM
Subscriber
Thanks David.
It was a lot of fun working on this project.

# 4 06-05-2017 , 12:18 AM
Super Moderator
That looks awesome! Love the pastel colors.

- Genny
# 5 07-05-2017 , 12:56 AM
Subscriber
Looks good. Actually like the logos at the bottom! Makes it look "official" IMO. lol

Sampson
# 6 07-05-2017 , 03:15 PM
Subscriber
Thanks Gen and Sampson.

I really like the colors as well. I was a bit afraid that I would overdo the colors but it turned out great.

I don't mind to put logo's on a design as it indeed makes it look more "official" but in this case there are just to many logo's.

Yesterday I was driving through my Hometown and there was a big banner next to the road with my poster on it. The design looked really good in real life and in that size. Seeing it up there felt really good and made me proud. Unfortunatly wasn't possible to make a picture of it.

# 7 03-11-2017 , 12:20 PM
Hey Martell

I really love the design, great work!
Do you maybe have any tips on hwo you achieved this paper-y texture?

Thank you! user added image

# 8 12-11-2017 , 03:08 PM
Subscriber
I modeled everything low poly and used a noise modifier to give it a crumpled look. Then in the textures I added a paper texture to all the colors so it looked even more like crumpled paper. Then in Photoshop I used a lot of LUT's, curve adjustments and levels to get the final result.
Hope this helps as I can't exactly remember everything I did to create this poster.

# 9 24-11-2017 , 03:45 PM
This looks really GREAT! I think the colors are the best part of it for me. All the colors work very, very well together. Super great use of colors for sure. I also love the low poly concept which you've done marvelously. Very refreshing piece of artwork, love it!

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!