Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-03-2009 , 03:07 PM
Subscriber

Swiss Army Knife

Hi all.
Well I finally finished the swiss army knife from another tutorial. I know its not up to all of your experience but I learned a lot from it and looking forward to continuing on to other models.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve it. More practice means more experience.

Thanks
user added image

user added image

Wireframe:

user added image

# 2 05-03-2009 , 06:09 PM
Super Moderator
It came out looking good. Only crit I have is that the teeth for the saw could be a bit harder.

- Genny
# 3 05-03-2009 , 08:22 PM
Subscriber
it looks cool, i like the blades

is that wire on smooth preview or is the mesh in sub-d?
what does it look like without smooth preview of sub-d? (i'm just curious)

also, when you post the wires you should turn on wireframe on shaded in the panel's menu. makes the wires easier to see

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 4 06-03-2009 , 12:19 PM
Subscriber
Its on smooth and most are all sub-d.
I believe this is what your asking for:

user added image

# 5 06-03-2009 , 01:24 PM
The Nurb Herd
it looks cool, but you should look into render settings a bit. This needs a higher anti aliasing sample level.

# 6 06-03-2009 , 01:26 PM
Subscriber
HH,
I will once I understand it more. I have more DVD's concerning rendering. I didn't have a clue and did as I was told in the tutorial.

Thanks and will check it out.

# 7 23-03-2016 , 03:37 PM
Hey man, where did you find the tutorial for this swiss knife. i saw the same picture in several places but i couldnt find any tutorials for it. can you help please

# 8 23-03-2016 , 04:14 PM
EduSciVis-er
The logo in the first picture is a pretty good hint. Unfortunately they've been bought and the tutorial browsing has become way less good.