Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 91 16-08-2005 , 09:29 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
Hmmmm...I think that nobody would like to see an ugly alien girl strippin'...

Anyway, the racer idea would be cool, like the Star Wars racer, but with a lot more quality.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 92 16-08-2005 , 10:44 PM
If Vedic Kings joins in, this will be an awesome scene! He's really good at creating Cell shaders and if you take a look at his "Strange World" scene, you can tell he'll be able to make good jet and rider.

**Hopes Vedic Kings reads this and decides to do it**

:bow:

Nobody felt like avenging your death. Sorry.
# 93 17-08-2005 , 02:18 PM
I think that we could go with a silly but funny story...

a friend of mine always asks me to make a short movie about two bathroom door signs ( the female and the male). when a couple gets in the bathroom at the same time the signs kinda kiss, they fall in love and starts trying to kiss again, but every time something happen and keep trying to stay togheter, this can have a happy ending or not, its up to u guys...

# 94 17-08-2005 , 04:39 PM
I think the race idea is a goody. It's very good way to get lots of people involved if everyone makes thier own vehicle. Focus should definitely be on just 2 characters though, we don't want to make it hard to watch.

If we can come up with some ideas as to what comical things can happen during the race that would make a good start.

My contribution is to re-enact the story of the tortoise and the hair except they are driving vehicles instead (could be futuristic or whacky cars or whatever) the main characters obviously being a tortoise and a hare- theres comedy in a tortiose driving a car if we model him well - make him look like a geek with massive glasses maybe give shades to the hare and make him look proper cool.
(for those of you who don't know the story - a hair challenges a tortiose to a race. The hare runs on ahead and is so confident of winning he has a rest just before the finish line, falls asleep and the tortoise wins.)
We could put our own twists in the story - have it end differently have funny things happen duriing the race prehaps the hair taunting the tortoise by doing stunts etc.

I believe this to be a fairly original idea. We get to put twists on a story the vast majority of people will know and i think its an achievable idea.

Feedback on this idea would be good

(Totall Rookie - I'm so glad you've decided to lead us! you DA MAN! )

# 95 17-08-2005 , 04:56 PM
It seems that people just keep coming up with ideas, very cool ones, at that. I think that we should just create a poll of a list of ideas and people will rate the one they think will do the best.
Once the scoreboard is submitted to Total Rookie, he can decide what happens next. user added image

# 96 17-08-2005 , 07:15 PM
great idea,
Total Rookie, you should set a date for everyone to email thier idea to you, then you can sort out some sort of voting system and we can begin.

# 97 17-08-2005 , 08:03 PM
Senior Software Developer
Hey,

Its a great idea...

I would luv to get into a proper project with other artists. I would Class myself as a Scene or Set Designer. This is because my Character modelling sucs...

Grab me if you wanna chat more...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 98 17-08-2005 , 08:34 PM
we could set a date for the votation to take place here on the site, each one would post the scene that u like de most and why...

I think that like this would faster an easier for everyone (including TOTAL ROOKIE :attn: )

# 99 17-08-2005 , 11:54 PM
Subscriber
ok, as ppl have been wanting comedy, its gonna be the dialogues within ppl to ppl in the jets while racing, and a funny scene may be like when the riders are just riding to just go to a destination, and both are talking and riding at the same time (supposdely friends) and there are a few moutnains ahead, and maybe one guy passes one and the other guy makes a stupid comment and bumps into the mountain, that would be pretty funny if u know the perspective im seein it in...

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 100 18-08-2005 , 12:02 AM
Yea, I see, he'd be like "Hey bro, why don't our hover jets have wheels? I mean it's ju..." **CRASH** user added image

# 101 18-08-2005 , 12:08 AM
Crrraaaazzzy! This race idea just keeps getting better and better!

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 102 18-08-2005 , 11:44 AM
Looks like you'll need the whole ILM team to get this job done!
How many of you are good with dynamics?

# 103 18-08-2005 , 04:37 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!
This's getting bigger and bigger...Alright, I'll set a poll for everyone to vote when I have enough ideas coming. Send everythin' u want to lord_9511@hotmail.com.

A very big scene could be really great, but way too long.
The same way, a small scene could be good, but way too low-detail.

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

# 104 18-08-2005 , 04:58 PM

Originally posted by Total Rookie

The same way, a small scene could be good, but way too low-detail.

Not necessarily. Some of the students' work at Vancouver Film School are short, well done, and some having quite a bit of detail. Don't forget to check out the second page.

# 105 18-08-2005 , 05:39 PM
Well, u really didn't got the point...user added image
What I want to say is...I like big productions...

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list