Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 46 23-03-2006 , 10:07 PM
Just how evil is evil? Check this out. This has yet to be confirmed, but apparently soldiers who are injured in Iraq, but die of their wounds outside of Iraq are not counted in the official Pentagon body count...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jim-la...on_b_2838.html

Hard to believe that this could be true.

# 47 04-04-2006 , 08:47 AM
So retaking global warming... we´re screwed if we do something about it and we´re screwed if we dont:
because of global dimming if you stop(reduce) polluting, global warming just hits you exponentially harder... cheers!

# 48 04-04-2006 , 08:57 AM
Subscriber
I think it is fair to say that no matter how it happens, but we are going to face out demise due to our own actions. What aspect that takes will be determined later.

The toilet is flushed, were just waiting to go down with it.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 49 05-04-2006 , 11:02 PM
Subscriber
At least we're optomistic

# 50 07-04-2006 , 07:53 AM

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID
The toilet is flushed, were just waiting to go down with it.

Yeah baby! user added image

# 51 07-04-2006 , 11:14 AM
I think that we are in an era which is going to see some nuclear event in the world that will, if we do survive it, create the will to ban all nuclear weapons.

We have reached a very dangerous level of complacency about nuclear weapons . . . .

Back in the 60's initially there was a huge population-wide concern about them, but now we live with them like we live with the neighbor down the street. With so many nations that have their finger on the trigger, sheer statistics say that eventually, the nuclear genie will visit us again, only now a very much larger and more powerful one.

As for George Bush, if ignorance were contagious, he would be a weapon of mass destruction. . .

As for Islam and Christianity, I think that neither is any better than the other when it comes to instigating trouble . . . more evil and wars have occurred in the name of god and religion than for all other reasons combine. Religion and ignorance seem to be married very happily. Both of these religions attempt to use FORCE to persuade, either open or subtle force, especially social pressure. . .

Solution?

We must combat ignorance, and find ways of improving communication between diverse cultural boundaries. Many people will claim that they have no bias against other cultures, but I think that wether they think so or not, they do. . . .

Why? . . . . . Ignorance.

I know I have bias, because it is a NATURAL STATE. If you are not raised in a particular culture, whether you like it or not, you are biased, because you are ignorant of that culture. You analyse other cultures based on YOUR standards, which are unfair, as applied to their standards. Problem is that most people have not reached the point where they realize this, and we have goons like George Bush, the epitomy of this ignorance in power.

How can we combat this level of ignorance . . . . well, if you are not a politician, your next best bet, in my opinion, is . . . to be an artist . . . .

What? An artist you say?

Yes . . . . Art is one of the most life-affirming, positive forces in the universe. . . . Art, used in a positive manner can cross cultural divides were politicians fail dismally. Art is a way of sharing ideas and thought in a positive light. It is art, which Nietzsche said "seduces one to life", art and light are forces, perhaps "the force" that has the power to cross the cultural barriers that exist in the world community.

There are ways that art can address some of the most controversial of subjects, and still come out of it smelling like a rose. It is this which makes art so great, and for which I would consider it to be one of the greatest hopes for mankind and our future.

"The Sage as an Astronomer: If you still see the stars as something above you, you lack the eye of knowledge." Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by skywola; 08-04-2006 at 12:20 PM.
# 52 08-04-2006 , 06:19 PM
Subscriber
I completely agree with you and it is very refreshing to hear such clarity from over the waters. People like you are the people that will hopefully drag the US out of the War on Intelligence that your Commander in Chief his waging without the consent of the majority.

The point about art is also very valid. It is one of the easiest ways for me to touch people and to raise awareness. I feel that people should be able to involve in politics without having to be tainted by becoming politician.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 53 15-04-2006 , 10:31 AM
Subscriber
I'm afraid I have some worrying news for you lot out there. This is something people like Friends of the Earth have been talking about for a fair while now but seamanly without much response.

Now that the worries are confirmed by the worlds leading scientist I seams that we are destined to take this path. Half the worlds wildlife wrecked, 400 million at risk of starvation. Sea lives rising and more extreme weather conditions will make tragedy like New Orleans common place. However the US, the worlds largest emitter of greenhouse gases, has been unwilling to debate a CO2 threshed as they fear cutting greenhouse gas emissions could harm the world economy.

Come on Bush, even you can surly see that saving the live on millions upon millions and having a world that is inhabitable is more important than money. Bush won't be president forever, it is up to the people of America to make sure that someone more sanity comes to power after him.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4888946.stm

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 54 15-04-2006 , 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Tim_LIVID
Bush won't be president forever, it is up to the people of America to make sure that someone more sanity comes to power after him.

I am sorry - I just think that this is a bit naive - The politics in the white house will change when it is in the commercial interests of the media and US industry. I just do not think that the voting public has very much influence in the matter under the current electoral system. Furthermore, a democrat might be in office and the immediate situation might be slightly better, but the larger issues are still getting screwed up. I didn't hear very many people crying about Iraq when the US and UK were bombing it during the eight years of the Clinton presidency.

As for the ecological situation - yeah, we are all screwed - and not a moment too soon - it is well deserved. Maybe if we stop kidding ourselves and pretending that we are saving the planet (which will do much better without us) and start admitting that we are just trying to save our sorry arses / asses, we might be able to slow things down a little before we all burn up.

user added image

# 55 15-04-2006 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
That may be true, but I would still like to think that the basis of a government is more then commercial interest. That is clearly not the case at the moment but hopefully it will change before it is too late.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 56 15-04-2006 , 07:24 PM
user added image

yeah - that would would be nice...

# 57 15-04-2006 , 07:26 PM
Subscriber
At least we agree on that

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 58 23-05-2006 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
I was very pleased to hear this morning that Peter Kay had been voted the funniest man alive according to the British public.

1 -- Peter Kay
2 -- Ricky Gervais
3 -- Lee Evens

17 -- George W. Bush

I am being totally honest here, now who said the Americans don't have a sense of humor? user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 59 24-05-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 60 24-05-2006 , 04:17 PM
Subscriber
skywola, it is good to know that there are people like you in the US!
On the topic of voting I sadly agree with arran, I wish I wouldn't. But as one of my highschool teachers used to say, "If voting would force a government to actually change their politics, it would not be allowed"