Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 46 22-07-2003 , 02:05 AM
otaku: Stay tuned bro. I've read that ALIENS 5 and 6 are being planned as well as ALIENs vs. PREDATOR!

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 47 22-07-2003 , 06:18 AM

really!!! Alien vs Predator WOW

dave_baer really!?!?!? thats very interesting i want to see them user added image :bgreen: :bgreen:
sopredator is Cult! i want to see predator smashing aliens head to walls

eh masta SlickRender when we meet?
make some evening Warcraft fight or chillout @ lake of zürich?user added image user added image

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 48 22-07-2003 , 07:32 AM
Subscriber
Masta? Just because I call myself slickrenderer don't mean I am a masta renderer :-)
Soon my friend though. Chillout on lake Zurich :-) Will you get me roses as well :-)

grrrr
# 49 22-07-2003 , 08:15 AM

SO but MastaModeller? ...soon

user added image yeah just send me message i will take time for meet SWIMM and get the Sharksuser added image

*G* :bgreen: user added image

what about roses i should bring to you...? ah for your girl :o hihi user added image

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 50 22-07-2003 , 09:38 AM
I was dissapointed with T3, I watched T2 the other night after watching T3, and i have to say i enjoyed it much more. I'm not sure why they didn't use Edward Furlong for T3, it was 12 years since T2 and the story in T3 was 10 years further along from where T2 left off, surely he doesn't look like an old man or anything now?

on the T-1000 vs T-X issue, in T3 Arnie states that the T-X is designed to kill other terminators, so probably skynet knew that the humans would send another terminator back...

And for the people who are comparing things that happened in T3 to what they said happened in T2, you have to remember that they destroyed Cyberdyne and the chip that was to be put in all Military Hardware etc, so the future would have changed after that.

Onto Alien(s):
They are making Aliens 5 (apparently gone threw a few rewrites, and trying to get certain people for the movie etc, usual hollywood bullshit), I've heard they are also making a Predator 3, and after that, Alien Vs Predator. Alot of licencing issues to be worked out for Alien Vs Predator as coprights for each franchise are owned by different parties, and then there's the people who made the comicbook Alien Vs Predator having copyrights on the "Alien Vs Predator" do...

I want to see Sigourney in Aliens 5, and Arnie in Predator 3. That will make me a happy man. They can have whoever they want in Alien Vs Predator as it's set much further in the future.

Last edited by schmick; 22-07-2003 at 09:42 AM.
# 51 23-07-2003 , 11:23 PM
Subscriber
the main reason why people did not like matrix reloaded.. is because people cant handle bridge movies. That whole suspence at the end pisses some people off. For a total dislike in the movie though usually occurs when someone goes to the movie and sits there with a negative frame of mind, looking for errors.. thinking of how pointless it is. Go to the movie, forget about judging it.. and enjoy it! If you know your not going to like it, then just dont go see it in theatres.. whats the point.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 52 28-07-2003 , 09:56 PM

T3 A Slight Dissapointment

I went in exspecting it to suck really bad. I happy to see it wasn't as bad as I espedxted. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie. It's just that there were some technical mistakes and gimicks that just bugged me. The movie itself felt very short. It only slightly lives up to the past 2 installments of the story. Hope if they make another that they set it in the future and show us this battle in which humanity kicks some tincan butt. Also hope they get a technical person that is more on the ball.
user added image

No matter where you go, there you are....
# 53 01-08-2003 , 10:01 AM
urm...
If T-800 had basic psychology knwledge... Did T-X had advanced Kamasutra knowledge? (loved that thing she did with her legs) user added image
----------------------------------------------------------------
Wonder whre i can buy a T-X and if its already a Mod Chip for it on the streets...

# 54 01-08-2003 , 10:20 AM
what frightens me most is that in how it ends i see at least 3 more sequels... not discarding a Matrix/terminator crossover...

Id love to see Aliens vs Predator tough

# 55 01-08-2003 , 01:32 PM

Originally posted by dragonfx
what frightens me most is that in how it ends i see at least 3 more sequels... not discarding a Matrix/terminator crossover...

Id love to see Aliens vs Predator tough

That film is in the works. It's finally been given a green light by FOX. By the way Cameron has exspressed the desire to do a 5th Aliens move with a crossover with the Terminator. I though it was a joke when I first read about it. Looks like it's legit. He's in talks with FOX.

# 56 01-08-2003 , 02:38 PM

Originally posted by norman619
That film is in the works. It's finally been given a green light by FOX. By the way Cameron has exspressed the desire to do a 5th Aliens move with a crossover with the Terminator. I though it was a joke when I first read about it. Looks like it's legit. He's in talks with FOX.

who will direct aliens vs pred?

# 57 02-08-2003 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
[MOD]

Piracy is a no-no.

[/MOD]

Ioannis KarAvas
# 58 02-08-2003 , 07:26 PM
The Maya Mountain
Just saw it the other day and I was impressed. There were a few things that I thought were screwy, and I didn't like the ending all that much. I agree, T-X shouldn't be roaring, and her big bug-eyes at the end when Arny shoved his battery in her mouth was kinda weird... she's been emotionless throughout, but goes spastic at the end? Even Arny remains pretty stoic when getting "killed."

Good flick, though. I look forward to the DVD 3-Pack. user added image

# 59 03-08-2003 , 10:24 PM

Originally posted by dragonfx
who will direct aliens vs pred?

Well according to https://www.filmjerk.com/nuke/article531.html Paul W.S. Anderson (writer/director of the “Resident Evil” film adaptation) had been chosen for this film. They supposedly start filming in October. Let's hope it does not suck too badly.... user added image

# 60 04-08-2003 , 08:20 AM
resident evil sucked a lot

also dunno what happens lately i dont like my "in other times" "sexual icons"... Milla Jovovich and Claire Danes, in their respective last movies they looked more like the gal next door than like a sexual myth... its only me or thy have lost its sex appeal?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Myths brocken.... im getting old... (i have +- their same age tough)