Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 31 22-10-2003 , 02:23 AM
Subscriber
I don't think everyone is against you, some people just don't agree with you. And calling marriage bullcrap probably isn't going to convert everyone to your cause any more than calling women 'chicks' will get people dates 8).

Yes some relationships go bad, lord knows everyone here probably has a tale to tell about one that has. But you have probably made bad models and then made another one anyway, you did not close Maya and throw your pc out of the window. Not all relationships go wrong or are doomed to failure.

>>Having a relationship just seems selfish to me when you have the motivation to do so much more with your life

You seem to think that it is a choice between marriage and doing something with your life. It isn't nor does it have to be, but as I said before you can do what you like. I just think it's a shame there are things you will miss out on as a result that's all. If you don't think people who are married help others and do things of value go and check the marital status of all the nobel prize winners for medicine, when you have a moment.

# 32 22-10-2003 , 03:14 AM
Erm... what was this thread originally about??? user added image

...and that is how I saved the world.
# 33 22-10-2003 , 10:28 AM
when I would be mod this thread would be already closed... *hint*

hahahahha

# 34 22-10-2003 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber
Hey I tried to keep this on subject a few posts back. *points to where he attampted this*

# 35 22-10-2003 , 02:54 PM
Well it started up with the perfect break up letter and ended with why marriage is good/bad. Funny stuff.

# 36 22-10-2003 , 06:40 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by EagleKing
when I would be mod this thread would be already closed... *hint*
hahahahha

eh....why exactly? user added image user added image

This turned out ok if you ask me.. I got to see the perspective views of other people like Darkware

-Emo

# 37 22-10-2003 , 06:48 PM
Well it doesn't need to be closed... user added image

# 38 22-10-2003 , 06:58 PM
well darkware...if you get family.. child and wife then you will think 100 % different. For sure 18 is a bit young for family but you cant say that.....wtf?

I just noticed that I go off topic again user added image

# 39 22-10-2003 , 06:59 PM
user added image

# 40 22-10-2003 , 08:40 PM
lol, omg, ure acting like to get into the industry you have to work with maya 24/7 , i know its tuff to get into but.... not that tuff, im going for the arty aproach mostly and i fit in time for friends and girl friends so just chill it, there is time in your life for work and play, and if u dont think there is then your working to hard.

And from what i have found out myself from phoning companies it 1. takes more than knowing the proggy 2. Takes more than a degree

But i see where your coming from but there is more to life than making it in 3d, try and accomplish yourself as an artist before deciding on your medium??

FX supervisor - double negative
# 41 22-10-2003 , 09:21 PM
Haha, this is a funny thread. Personally I keap saying when I Break up with a girl that I am going to stay single. That letter would do it too. It never happens. I see a nice pair of legs and it is all over. I am a serial Manogomist. I like the companionship. Trust me they understand. It is all about you to make them understand though. If you are a man they will listen. I do like spending time with them and my friends. I work full time and still find time to work on Maya. I do not kno about it being more stable than a girlfriend. You work on version 5? My girfreind only goes off on me once every two months.

Now I am off subject. I did bring up the letter.

# 42 23-10-2003 , 12:05 AM
Darkware, I am so sorry! I haven't been around the forums for a couple of months, so I still get mixed up a little about people.

You can't let one goal get in the way of everything else. The one peice of advice I would give you would be to pick carefully who you marry if you marry... no offense (sereously) but your mom maybe did not make the best choices, but you should not model your own life based on how hers has gone badly (no offense really).

My aunt and uncle (just married 3 years ago) live with us, and they have just gone through 3 misscairrages, two of them in the third trimester. They fight and bicker, but they are really perfect for each other, and just come out of it all the stronger.

It seems to me you are lacking hope, maybe get more of that in your dietuser added image

# 43 23-10-2003 , 08:49 PM
Maya's good an all, but i wont run my life around it, simple as that

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 44 23-10-2003 , 09:02 PM

Originally posted by z1mmnd14
Maya's good an all, but i wont run my life around it, simple as that

Welcome to my club. user added image

<-- Trying to enjoy life yet again, does not want to see that gray screen again. I need some color. *Looks outside* Ahh! Green! user added image

Maya´s great, ... but I think there´s much more of a risk involved when revolving your life around the applet (After all, you never ever know if you´re going to make it) .. than actually getting married! And finally .. to make me last point, I just can´t figure out life without some feminine companion. I believe I need the sex, I don´t deny it, and I actively work for it. Gotta love sex. Can´t have it with Maya. user added image

# 45 23-10-2003 , 09:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by adldesigner
I believe I need the sex, I don´t deny it, and I actively work for it. Gotta love sex. Can´t have it with Maya. user added image

I'd say something but this thead would be closed user added image

-Emo