Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 256 06-03-2006 , 06:31 AM
Subscriber
things to consider;

fantasy is usually concrpt base and so the focus or aim of the movie is to deliver a message

action is usually charater based and so the film delivers it's message through the central charater, as the viewer watches him over come obsacles and evolve through hardship, conflict and revalation into a differant person than when the movie started. The revolation is part of the message, situation is irrelavent, fantasy, situation is important.

witness; narnia

witness, platoon

something (message, viuals, metaphor, the theme or concept, and something to keep them guessing) must engage the viewer if this is to be made into any DVD, otherwise it's just something that will only interest us as a technical feat.

speaking of platoon, the story matt has come up with is great, it has overtures of political issues; vietnam, Iraq!! 'concept??' no??

I don't like the idea of splitting groups, I think it will fall apart doing that, we are all in this and we need as much hekp from each other as poss.

We could do a 'wikki', started one at uni today, don't know much about it yet but I'll keep you intune on it. Seems it gives as many people as you want access to a single project without networking the computers.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 257 06-03-2006 , 02:09 PM
Subscriber
Ok, fantasy it is. I think the Wikki idea is a good idea but does this allow people we don't know to check in on it and try to join us in making this movie? I believe we should get started working on character design and environment design. I have Terragen and can use it for simple environment concept designs. So, you said it should be a peninsula? Does this mean that the enemy will come from the ocean or does this mean that the enemy will come from the one side of land? Are these enemies going to be undead or a mixed group or what?

My password is ********.
# 258 06-03-2006 , 04:06 PM

Originally posted by MattTheMan
fantasy- we did start the jet race 6 mos ago and nobody really did anything (cept a guy named total rookie and me and vedic kings and... I think thats it.oh, and MetallicJet66)

Thats my opinion

Where did Total Rookie go to? Thikn one of his last posts said he was off to Japan?

# 259 06-03-2006 , 10:29 PM
Subscriber
wikkie is privatem unless ir becomes a web site, I asked the same question, I still have to get more info

# 260 07-03-2006 , 02:24 PM
hey guys ........... me much more good at organic modelin characters n animation ...good at photoshop texture painting n sketching as well !
im from india mumbai loking for devloping an animated shortfilm yea
get back to me !
We wil do it definitel y !

mb
# 261 07-03-2006 , 02:57 PM
Subscriber
haha, ok. Let's start getting character concept models and sketches done. Who's gonna do wut? Using Terragen I geuss I can make basic landscape concepts. Muddassar, you say you're good at organic modeling? Alright, let's see. Make a quick concept model for either some enemies or of our main hero. No detail just a general body-build idea. MattTheMan can assign himself and mirek...

My password is ********.
# 262 07-03-2006 , 11:26 PM
Subscriber
I dont mind continuity or something like that, its a dirty job but someones gotta do it. I can format the scriot and tag it so we know what is needed in each act and scene; eg, that car was parked in that street in the last scene featuring that street (boring I know) ad I can pull the differant drafts and concepts for stories into one and keep passing them back and forward between us until we all agree on it.

# 263 09-03-2006 , 10:15 PM
i like organic modeling. Ill go off and make a quich char head in silo (thats my new favorite app! :p)

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 264 10-03-2006 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
good to hear...

My password is ********.
# 265 10-03-2006 , 03:56 AM
Subscriber
DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use Wiki, mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. It is targeted at developer teams, workgroups and small companies. It has a simple but powerful syntax which makes sure the datafiles remain readable outside the Wiki and eases the creation of structured texts. All data is stored in plain text files – no database is required.

Read the DokuWiki Manual to unleash the full power of DokuWiki.

got this off the uni web, this is what I'm using for one of my topics.

# 266 10-03-2006 , 04:22 AM
Subscriber

# 267 14-03-2006 , 05:27 AM
Subscriber
Hey, I was wondering if us rookies could still help out per the first post of this thread. If so, what do we do? I tried reading through the pages and pages of this thread and I'm sure I missed out on some juicy details and whatnot. All I know is that I'm definitely interested and would love to contribute & grow from this.

# 268 15-03-2006 , 12:30 AM
Subscriber
the boss is out to lunch...

# 269 18-03-2006 , 02:25 PM
hello (i was in Canada for a week skiing) :p
Sure, everyone can help. But no offense- if your work is not great, don't expect it to recieve the full screen and closeups and all that. again, no offense to anyone.

However, I (and I hope that Sephiroth agrees too) wont stop u from joining and helping, Its a great experience and can really help u learn and stuff.

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 270 22-03-2006 , 01:44 PM
Subscriber
well, we are going to make a fantasy movie where the main character is a warrior clad in armour. He fights the enemies from the East. He is in a small town on a peninsula that is surrounded by water on three sides and he came here to tell the people that the enemies from the East are coming. He is there to get them ready as well as to fight with them. He wins but dies in the end because of a wound or something like that. Tell us what you are good at when it comes to modeling and we will assign you accordingly.

My password is ********.