Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 28-06-2006 , 08:10 AM

Keyframe Animation - object collision, how?

Hi dear memberz, this ist my first posting.

I animated a flapper with Keyframe-Animation,
in which the flapper hits some tokens.

How can I manage the flapper not to go not into the tokens and how can I manage the tokens to be influenced by the flapper's movement (fall down etc.)...

I tried with Dynamics' rigid bodies (active/passive), but this does not work due to the fact the flapper doenst move anmore if i put an rigid body on it...

PLz help..user added image

# 2 05-07-2006 , 06:26 PM
my recommendation is to allow the tokens to fall using dynamics, and then hand animate the flapper (without using it as collidable object - just let the tokens collide with whatever else and let the tokens run through the flapper entirely) to make sure it doesn't hit the tokens.. . after you run the animation through to get the dynamic simulation, you should be able to go back into it and animate the flapper accordingly.

Accept no substitutions.
# 3 05-07-2006 , 06:51 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah probably be quickest to just animate it yourself. I remember animating collapsing bridges, falling statues and columns and all that by hand at work.

I was "the dynaminator!" haha user added image