Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 27-09-2007 , 01:12 AM
thanks for the thorough post dave! (and sorry for the late reply...i just got back from montreal after spending the week there for the ADAPT conferences)

the shot by shot breakdown you did is really nice..and i've already decided to drop a few of the shots that weren't as impressive (such as the woman walking)

i've recently decided that i'll be focusing on environment/prop modeling as well as vfx...i'm basically going to cut all my character animations and just leave snapshots in my portfolio..you were right on about pretty much everything...i showed my reel to disney and they basically reitterated everything you said (expecially focusing in one area of expertise)....so now i'm going to fix up my vfx shots and model some new environments that i'll just have a camera fly through (there will be no animation...just model/textuers)...instead of having a 2 min reel of good and "okay" work...i'm going to cut that to about 1 minute of my best work

hopefully i'll have my new reel up in a few weeks!...thank to all of you for your inputs...it's greatly appreciated and it's really helping me make a better demo reel!

# 17 27-09-2007 , 03:16 PM
PM me when you do and I'll look at that one also. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 18 07-10-2007 , 10:21 PM
You could make a great windows meda player visualization with those bright colors.

"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."

George Bernard Shaw - Man and Superman