Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 11-01-2003 , 06:45 PM

1st attempt at a car

My first attempt at a car, its a 'close representation' of a dodge viper, using the wheels i made in previous project.

Project length = 6 days
Render time = 'bout 12 mins

Thanks to Michael Thomson's excellent tut Here

only needed the (most important) first 5 steps and i was off on my own, yehee great fun

# 2 11-01-2003 , 07:24 PM
Subscriber
Very nice job there, Aphex. I like it a lot, especially for your first car. Maybe add some wind-shield wipers and go a little easy on the fog from the lights, though. Other than that, great job! Keep up the good work.

# 3 11-01-2003 , 09:26 PM
Damn! windscreen wipers user added image i knew there was something missing, thanx for the comment Dark, i'll be doing some different shots of it soon anyway as i've paid a lot of attention to detail to the interior, just seat belts/gearstick/ handbrake and a few twiddly knobs left to do...oh and windscreen wipers of course, i can't believe i missed that lol.

I've had to do a 'lights on' shot cos my headlight glass doesn't look too convincing, but i'll turn 'em off for next time and see if anyone can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

# 4 11-01-2003 , 09:31 PM
Subscriber
Heh. Don't worry. You're not alone when it comes to forgetting windshield wipers. The majority of modeled vehicles I've seen at SM have all had their wipers modeled last. Most people do forget them. Tis' a common thing.

# 5 12-01-2003 , 03:36 AM
Subscriber
great shape!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 6 13-01-2003 , 02:22 AM
Subscriber
Very cool!

As for windshield wipers....just say the car goes so fast that......

user added image

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 7 13-01-2003 , 02:56 AM
# 8 13-01-2003 , 11:47 AM
That must be it user added image they flew off due to the phenomenal speed its capable of :banana:

# 9 13-01-2003 , 02:02 PM
hi looks great (Vipers are my dream car!) but doesn't the viper have a horendously over sized air scoop on the front bumper? Oh and how could you not put on the two famous racing stripes of paint?! user added image that's what makes a viper a viper!!

looks good though

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 10 13-01-2003 , 02:04 PM

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 11 13-01-2003 , 07:46 PM
ooo very nice, i like the air scoop, but i think thats the newest model, i followed the design of the 95 RT10 found at this Linky

You're right of course the stripes are pretty synonymous to the Viper, i did consider the stripes but with it being topless i didn't bother, if i do an enclosed cockpit version i will definitely put white stripes on it with a base coat of 'midnight blue' user added image