Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-05-2004 , 09:44 AM

Trying to fins mel script for changing a character's bind pose

I've heard of it existing, but have no idea where to find it, or what it's called.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers,
phL

I consist of mostly water.
# 2 29-05-2004 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

eh... what do you wanna do?

if you e.g. want to add something to your character, but you can't get into the bindpose, there is an option that's called "ignore bindpose"...

however if you can't get into the bindpose, there can be several cases why it doesn't... if something has been added to the skincluster after it has been created... if IK is on, or expressions... usually by turning "Modify --> evaluate nodes" to ignore all, will let's you go to the bindpose in these cases... user added image

but then again, since I don't know what you wanna do, it's a bit difficult to give any answers... user added image

regards

Strarup

------------------------------------------------
Alex V. U. Strarup

One mistake can ruin it all...
# 3 30-05-2004 , 03:35 AM
Hey-

What I was trying to do:

The characters right hand has a bent finger, and it was bound that way (accidently).

I have a wrap deforming a high res version of the character, and the wrap is seperated at the hands, head and feet. So, in order to preserve influence objects and weight painting (which I spent quite a while doing and am happy with), I wanted to detach my right hand from the skeleton, fix the joints, then re-bind the right hand and mirror weights from the left. However, I can't re-bind the hand with a straightened skeleton because the rest of the skin was bound to a different pose.

So - if I can change the bind pose for the character to the straightened skeleton, all may be solved. (in theory).

What do you reckon?

I consist of mostly water.

Last edited by phloam; 30-05-2004 at 03:38 AM.