Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 22-06-2006 , 06:56 AM

why targa?

Recently i watched the texturing basic tutorial. The file that was used is a targa.

What speciality does a targa file have when compared to other type files such as tiff or the psd file itself.

# 2 22-06-2006 , 12:58 PM
The Maya Mountain
both targa and tiff are usable by maya. PSD files can be used, but you have to use the specific PSD file texture node. And in a real application use of Maya, such as for games, film, etc, PSD file sizes are very large compared to others so it's more practical to use .tga or .tif, at least for the final.

.tga and .tif also give better image quality than .jpg. And not all .jpg images work every time with Maya, depending on their compression type.

So, it's mostly a matter of quality and consistancy.

# 3 30-06-2006 , 08:28 AM
hey thanks for that. I have tried applying various formats of file but i only achieved the realistic or more detailed look with the tiff.
with targa also i achieved that look.