Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 09-08-2008 , 03:50 AM

Maya panels keep changing

my maya panels keep changing, I see in my 4 view's preps-side-and 2 front. don't see the top view, yes I changed it in panel-orthographic-top, but after while i am working with maya and went back to the 4 views " ohhhhhh again 2 X front and no top view,

need your help

# 2 09-08-2008 , 05:20 AM
Super Moderator
Could be that something is screwy in your layout prefs, check your panel editor.

- Genny
# 3 09-08-2008 , 05:25 AM
i did , all looks perfect, but still......

# 4 10-08-2008 , 02:50 AM
Subscriber
rename the prefs to 'old prefs' and restart the computer.., you will have new prefs.., if that doesnt work, could be your graphics card.

take it easy and life will be easy
# 5 31-08-2013 , 07:16 PM

my maya panels keep changing, I see in my 4 view's preps-side-and 2 front. don't see the top view, yes I changed it in panel-orthographic-top, but after while i am working with maya and went back to the 4 views " ohhhhhh again 2 X front and no top view,

need your help

Wow, I know I'm resurrecting an ancient thread, but I'm having the exact same problem in Maya 2012 and cannot seem to figure out just what's causing it.

I have the newest drivers for my graphics card (Radeon HD 6670), is the gfx card really the issue, or maybe it could be something else?

# 6 31-08-2013 , 10:11 PM
Super Moderator
The newest drivers aren't necessarily the friendliest. Sometimes you end up having to use older drivers just because they're more stable. Do a search to see if your card is a "problem card" or if the driver version is known to cause issues.

- Genny
# 7 01-09-2013 , 07:56 AM
Again, I googled the s**t out of this, but cant find any similar problems, only thing I managed to find is this:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Instal...n/td-p/4309231 There's a a mention of crashing Maya when changing to 4-view and that being fixed in Maya 2014. Yet, i don't experience crashes, only changing of cameras in Maya 2012. I would like to find out is there any other solution besides buying Maya 2014 or another gfx card. user added image

EDIT: I think I managed to solve this! I tried importing the existing scene into a new scene and the ortographic cameras are back to normal in 4-view user added image

EDIT2: It seems it's got something to do with the view cube..i manage to reproduce the thing with the views yet again when using the view cube. Now I imported the already imported scene into a new scene. The views are OK again, but it's a mess in the outliner now user added image

Last edited by Lokjutus; 02-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.