Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 28-12-2006 , 10:32 AM
Subscriber

kbBlur2d problem

I'm finishing up the apache animation tutorial. I used Mr. brown's kbBlur2d script as per the tutorial. But when I try to connect the apache color pass with the apache motion pass the script will run for 2 seconds, state complete, but doesn't output a single new image.

ARGH help!

# 2 28-12-2006 , 11:12 AM
What does it say in the output window?

Typical problems with the blur2d utility relate to the file format or naming. The format has to be Maya IFFs and the files have to be named like file.iff.#, where # is the frame number.

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 28-12-2006 , 11:20 AM
Subscriber
kbBlur2d;
kbBlur2d: Executing the following system command:
blur2d -l 1 -s 1 -m 2 -r 0 -n 0 60 1 -p 1 -c "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/maya/projects/Apache/images/Apache_AnimationB.iff" -v "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/maya/projects/Apache/images/Chopper/ahBG.iff"
kbBlur2d completed.

thats all she wrote. When I try the fcheck, it looks for the file, which doesn't exist

// Error: Error reading file:
C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/maya/projects/Apache/images/Apache_AnimationB_blur.iff.0 //

I didn't have a problem with the background pass at all.
Thanks for replying so quickly

# 4 28-12-2006 , 12:14 PM
Subscriber
ok digging with the command prompt i found a deeper error

i run this at the cmd prompt:

blur2d -l 1 -s 1 -m 2 -r 0 -n 0 60 1 -p 1 -f C:\Apachetemp\color\Apache_AnimationB.iff -v C:\Apachetemp\motion\ahBG.iff

and i get back an error

C:\Apachetemp\color\Apache_AnimationB.iff -v C:\Apachetemp\motion\ahBG.iff
C:\Apachetemp\color\Apache_AnimationB.iff.0 + C:\Apachetemp\color\Apache_Animati
onB.iff.0 ==> C:\Apachetemp\color/Apache_AnimationB_blur.iff.0
Error in reading the motion vector file C:\Apachetemp\color\Apache_AnimationB.if
f.0

so the -f flag is causing the problem, but the color image has no motion vectors obviously...but the -c flag doesn't allow blur2d to see the input file.

any suggestions?

# 5 29-12-2006 , 01:13 AM
Does your color image open in fcheck? What about the size of your motion images? If there is actually motion vector data, the files should be quite large. Are your motion and color images the same size and have similar file naming style (same padding etc...)?

I'm only guessing here. Maybe you should post one frame of the files for testing. I cannot help much further since I don't currently have access to a computer with Maya. I'm in a process of relocating so I might not be around in a while either...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!