Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 10-04-2007 , 07:34 PM
icewindfiresnow

Glass textures

whats a good and simply way to model a glass with good transparency and everything... any photo examples to? thanks

# 2 10-04-2007 , 07:48 PM
Subscriber

# 3 10-04-2007 , 08:30 PM
Yup, I have a great glass texture. Let me know if you like it, and I can send it to you next week when I get back to school.

Sparticus

Attached Thumbnails

Expect to excell...
# 4 10-04-2007 , 08:47 PM
icewindfiresnow
yes sounds good

# 5 10-04-2007 , 09:05 PM
icewindfiresnow
Hey how would i fill up a glass with like wine or something?

# 6 10-04-2007 , 09:22 PM
Subscriber
Generally, using a corkscrew tends to work, then with a steady arm gently pour the contents of the bottle into large glass... I presume you know how to drink it from here-on?

If you believe in telekinesis, raise my right hand.
# 7 11-04-2007 , 01:24 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by j5ive
Generally, using a corkscrew tends to work, then with a steady arm gently pour the contents of the bottle into large glass... I presume you know how to drink it from here-on?

don't be like that... user added image

well if you wanna fill it in scene ... then you go with realflow or wait for mayas water solver in 2010...

general:

take the picture of the glass, use a curve to take the outline. revolve it. look at highend3d.com for the glass shader and put it on. voila.