Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 17-06-2007 , 07:50 PM

Views

So here I'm having another little bit of trouble! When I'm in all 4 views, I can see my work on all 4 view ports but when I go to click on any 1 of them to maximize that view, there is nothing showing. I've tried zooming and moving them around and can't seem to get my work to show up. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Its very hard to work when you have to always expand your 4 views.

Thanks,
Zerobit

# 2 17-06-2007 , 11:13 PM
Try this first just to see if it is a zoom problem. Goto the 4 view then in any of the views, click on an object in the view so that it is selected. Then goto a single pane view and press the letter "f". If it's a zoom problem then the camera will zoom right to the object.

I saw something similar to this on another thread, I'll try to find it. It might have had something to do with their graphics card.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 18-06-2007 , 12:30 AM
That did it. I knew it was just as simple as a command but I could not remember what it was. I'm still pretty new to this. Thanks for your help Perfecto!

Zerobit

user added image

# 4 18-06-2007 , 01:10 AM
Glad that worked for you. Also beware of your Clip Plane Setting. This is the setting that decides how far away you can be from your object without it dissappearing. I keep mine set to 100000.00. Just select View in the work area and then camera attributes. Then in the camera attributes section find the far clipping plane setting and increase to whatever you need. The near clipping is how close you can get without it dissappearing.

Looking foward to seeing you grow as a Maya Artist!

Attached Thumbnails

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 5 18-06-2007 , 03:31 AM
Sweet...I'll check that as well. I have noticed that my objects do go out of view fairly close. I'll adjust that as well.

Thanks bro,
0bit ><>