Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-02-2008 , 03:32 AM
Subscriber

Connecting low rez to hi rez model

Is there a way to connect a low resolution and a hi resolution model together like how Proxy smoothe creates a smoothed version of the model and still have connection with the low res model so that whatever you do it would copy?

The reason:

I modeled something in zbrush I didnt Uv map or anything so decided to create a level 1, 2 and 3 smoothe model and brought them each in to Maya. Now they're separate models, how do I link it together?

Why:
I want to be able to rig and paint weights for the low res, and transfer it to the hi res.

Thanks
Andy

# 2 05-02-2008 , 10:04 AM
Have a look into a wrap deformer

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 3 05-02-2008 , 11:08 PM
Subscriber
Cool Ill check it out, but anymore explanation than that?

# 4 06-02-2008 , 08:47 AM
Its pretty much all in the help files.

It does just what you want, it allwos you to bind a low res model to a high thus allowing you to move the low res and drive the high res model.

Just bind it, make sure its looking ok then hide the high res model (freeing up system resource) animate, unhide the high and hide the low and render.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle