Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 10-04-2010 , 01:50 AM
Lifetime Member

Triumph T100

Ok guys Im starting a model on the side for a good mate (the guy who sells me GPS Survey gear and gets me into debt!!!!).

Its a Triumph T100 Bonneville 2010, nice bloody bike!!!! I started it off the ref images I have found so far. I need some advice on the wheels, do I keep the tyre and rim as one or create the rim as I have done then torus for the tyre??

cheers bullet

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/40906...0T100?h=a5d0e5

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 2 10-04-2010 , 03:00 AM
No. Find a rim profile, draw the curve and revolve it. For the tire, same sort of thing...draw a profile (using the rim profile as a guide for placement) and loft or extrude it. Convert to polys, and start modeling the treads for one section. Then duplicate the section over and over and merge the verts/edges until you have a long flat tread. Then use a bend modifier to bend it 360 degrees for the tire.

Or you could draw your tire profile and revolve it like the rim and use a displacement map for the tread....whatever floats your boat but yes....two seperate pieces.

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 3 10-04-2010 , 03:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Thanks nitro will put it into action over the weekend.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 4 10-04-2010 , 08:10 AM
yep, what nitro said!

Had a look at your spitfire wip. gimme a yell on skype next time you see me on and I can help with the canopy.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 5 10-04-2010 , 09:25 AM
Lifetime Member
No probs ct!!!! I have nearly finished the frame, I wasnt happy so I did it all again!!! Allllllllllllll dddaaayyyyyyyy!!!!

Its hard sometimes my friends

bullet1968