Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 02-08-2011 , 10:55 PM

In need of specialized Maya training

Im a novice Maya user in need of Maya training specializing in forensic, accident recreation and medical procedures, can anyone please point me in the right direction to find these types of training tutorials or courses?

# 2 02-08-2011 , 11:19 PM
The Nurb Herd
sounds like layout and previs would be good things to research...
previs is a way of working out either how things work on set, ie how far away things have to be from camera, lines of sight etc. It is also a way to quickly layout anim of what will happen when it comes to doing the shot for real.
this might explain. but this is more of an animatic tbh.
‪Pixar - Pre Vis‬‏ - YouTube

# 3 03-08-2011 , 08:47 AM
Administrator
If you're looking for tutorials on scientific medical animations this is a good site;

https://www.molecularmovies.com

I haven't come across much info online for these things, but based on the reels I've seen from medical animators they seem to do both things on a molecular level and things like surgical and forensic reconstructions a lot of the time, so if you drop them an e-mail at molecularmovies they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Nilla

# 4 03-08-2011 , 09:04 AM
The Nurb Herd

# 5 04-08-2011 , 07:39 AM
Administrator

here is something that glassworks developed a few years ago
https://www.heartworks.me.uk/

Interesting tool, anatomy atlases and flashcards will soon be long gone user added image

# 6 04-08-2011 , 09:50 AM
The Nurb Herd
yeah i was learning maya when this was just finished. I remember being really impressed with the types of work you could do using maya.