Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 08-05-2004 , 02:40 PM
Subscriber

Maya Graphics Card

I am currently using Maya PLE and it's fine in all respects except that I can't see the vertices. They are there but very small. I guess this is my Graphics Card (Prophet 4500 TV Out) that's not upto the job, but would someone be kind enough to tell me which GC to buy without taking out a bank loan.
Windows XP, P4 1.8Ghz, 750Gb RAM.

Thanks, Cleouser added image

# 2 12-05-2004 , 08:20 AM
i recently bought myself an nVidia Quadro4 980 XGL card and very happy with it. this series of cards is certified by alias. if this is too high for your budget, there is a cheaper 4x version - the Quadro4 750

you can go to the nvidia site or the aliaswavefront site to check for other brands, too.

good luck

A conscious power has drawn the plan of life...
# 3 13-05-2004 , 06:23 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the feedback. I'd have to remortgage the house for this but I will follow through on the Quadro line of cards.

Cleo

# 4 24-05-2004 , 03:16 AM

hey

I never have used a Quadro, but i have a geforce upstairs that's been running everything for 5+ years, with out a problem, and a Radeon 9800 pro downstairs. Its great. All depends on ur price range. Also the radeon 9600 XT is good, but it may be outdated sooner, but it is still very good.

i like this site
https://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic...charts-05.html

They compare the line of Geforce's to Radeon's in Call of Duty. Like i said i know nothing about the Quadro's.

# 5 24-05-2004 , 02:41 PM
you can softquadro a geforce for a fraction of the price...and it will work 90% as well as a quadro...