Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 03-02-2012 , 03:34 PM

Mesh Rigging + Weights Issue

Hello,

After managing to figure out how to rig a basic bone structure in Maya 2010/11 or 12 to a mesh model.

I did a SKIN > BIND > SMOOTH BIND to the "hip-join" which is the parent join for my rig.

However, after uploading it to the respective programme [Second Life] for animating, it "explodes" in a sense. I was told I needed to weight the rigging.

This is where I fell short, but apparently due to the fact that the mesh becomes the "skin" for the bones, I need to use a weights brush on the mesh first. I sadly cannot find any tutorials or help on this rather particular matter and seemingly increasing complex matter.

Any suggestions, help, links would be great!

user added image

# 2 03-02-2012 , 09:29 PM
Lifetime Member

2 x Modeling Challenge Winner