Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 24-07-2007 , 02:05 AM

Hy[ershader - Need Help

Right, so I'm modeling a candy Cane, just for, you know, practice?

I've been fiddling around, and I've set a curvature, and modeled it etc.. I decided I want to colour it in. I found the hyper shade tool and chose a blinn. I looked at the Blinn properties, and looked at colour. I set the 2d settings to Normal, and chose a Ramp. I organized the ramp to look like a white and red candy cane. I closed the box, right clicked on the blinn, and clicked Assign shader to object. Nothing happened?? I checked the Command box and it said something like: /:Result:Blinn 1/ or something like that?? I kept trying and my candy cane just WOULDNT shade! I'm on Maya 8.5, I need help please..Thanks

# 2 24-07-2007 , 02:36 AM
Are you certain that you are in shaded mode? (Shortcut is to hit 4 or 5 i think, its hard to remember what number it is without Maya) user added image

# 3 24-07-2007 , 03:35 AM
Jr.Who
You might want to try hitting 6 on the keyboard.
user added image

# 4 24-07-2007 , 04:16 AM
Hmm isnt it
4-> wire
5-> shaded
6-> lightened

Bah I will see what it is when I get home. user added image

# 5 24-07-2007 , 05:12 AM
Jr.Who

Originally posted by Weyu
Hmm isnt it
4-> wire