Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 05-04-2011 , 05:54 AM
Lifetime Member

Rigging Issues

Hey All

I really need some help with my rig. I've set up an IK-FK switch on the arms. The right arm is moving properly but the left arm inst and i cant figure out why!! The problem is that my main arm isn't following the ik and fk arms exactly, it kinda lags behind them. Any ideas on how to fix this?? Ive attached a pic of my Joint Structure from the outliner as well as an example of how both arms are moving.

Thanks Guys

-Joel

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 08-04-2011 , 01:47 PM
looks like the orient constraint for the driven joints isnt hooked up properly so its blending half way between the two?

I find the best way to set a simple ik / fk switch is to just use a bend colors node in the hypergraph. IK/ FK switching is essential blending between two vectors. And So if you hook up your FK to color1, IK to color 2, the blend attribute with your switch control and the output to your driven mesh you get a very reliable simple blend.

Its hard to debug a rig with screenshots, if you still cant get this to work post your file.

FX supervisor - double negative