Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 03-04-2005 , 12:52 PM
Subscriber

Wots happend to my model?

I just openend this ile this morning to remind myself how far I had got with it and it kept crashing Maya. So I opened other files I had created and they all worked fine - why don't this one work I asked myself.

Anyway, I went back to it having opened other files and then low and behold it opened, except that now it only apears in wireframe mode regardless I how I try and change/view it... anyone got any ideas?

I did managed to catch something about node missing when I tried opening it originally.

Attached Thumbnails

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com
# 2 03-04-2005 , 01:04 PM
Subscriber
while you got it up, I would export it, incase you need still to clean something out of that file.

Try assinging a shader to it. It probably lost it.

# 3 03-04-2005 , 03:37 PM
Subscriber
i would just probably try to save it as a new file
if that doesn't work i would just delete it and start from a previous save that works and accept it as a corrupt file

First year 3D Grad
# 4 03-04-2005 , 03:44 PM
Technical Director
Try to open an earlier incremental save.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 03-04-2005 , 09:21 PM
Have you used some kind of a plugin shader perhaps? Try assigning new shaders to the plane...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 6 05-04-2005 , 09:35 AM
Subscriber
Ok chaps & chapesses

This was a weird one. Whenever I tried opening the file before anything else it crashed Maya (I've never seen Maya crash this much). If I opened other projects and then opened this scene I got it permanently in wireframe mode it also put the name of the project in front of all of the items in Outliner.

Fortunately, I had a copy of the same file on my USB stick and I managed to get that file open without all this gibberish. I then went through and deleted all the histories on the larger polygon meshes and it seems to have fixed the problem.

In the script editor there was something about couldn't find the split polygon node7 so I think that is what caused the problem… possibly… we shall see user added image

Thanks for all your help, now back to me aeroplane user added image

Tickety boo and ta ta for a bit...
Gazzamataz
https://www.gazzamataz.com