SimplyMaya Forums

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask questions here.

SM Forums / Maya Questions / Lighting & Rendering / specularity pass through problem

Lighting & Rendering General Lighting, Camera & Rendering Related Topics

Join the conversation. Reply to post

05-10-2002, 01:20 PM   #1
iron_tick
Subscriber

specularity pass through problem
i cant seem to stop the specularity of my light from passing through objects at certain angles. my floor and wall intersect perfectly (still seperate objects) my light is using Dmap, wall is constructed polygon,(tried a different polygon but specularity still passed through) and ive tried using a poly plane and cube for floor same result. Anyone know how to fix this problem while still allowing my floor to have specularity?(wood bump needs specularity)

Take a look to the left of picture and notice position of shadow, bleed through is marked on the right

05-10-2002, 02:03 PM   #2
iron_tick
Subscriber

After repeated testing i found that this is not bleed but is that the specular 'shine' is present regardless of things that should prevent it from showing in specific places in the scene, (ie. object in the path of the light) im really messed up now, anyone got a solutionfor me to use without removing specularity?
05-10-2002, 03:37 PM   #3
mtmckinley
The Maya Mountain

I'm not sure if I understand your problem correctly, but you can use Light Linking to make certain lights only affect certain surfaces.