Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-04-2008 , 04:33 PM
Subscriber

Missing polygons

I'm working on the Jedi Starfighter model tutorial and I've just noticed some strange polygon action going on. I flipped the model to SubD mode to see how the corners were holding up and discovered some missing polygons underneath the "wing".

How do I 'rebuild' these missing polygons while attaching them to the existing ones? See the attached JPEG. Thanks in advance.

user added image

# 2 25-04-2008 , 06:18 PM
Use the 'split polygon tool'. Looks like it shouldn't be too bad, because it seems like you can just snap to the vertices.

Book Wise

https://X4nd5r.deviantart.com
# 3 25-04-2008 , 09:00 PM
Subscriber
Thanks, Xander-0. I got most of it filled in, but couldn't get the rest. So, I went back to the previously saved version and modeled back to the present. I saved myself a lot of pain by saving multiple versions.