Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 20-02-2011 , 11:40 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL thanks mate...naaahhhh we arent messed up...its how it is!! they treat us like animals mate...the hospitals are pretty ordinary...no Im not excited

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 17 22-02-2011 , 08:39 PM
Administrator

# 18 22-02-2011 , 09:14 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL thanks Nilla, nice joke he he he he...here is the latest picture of Jules and my new girl. (yes I am excited).....

Attached Thumbnails

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 19 23-02-2011 , 11:13 PM
Subscriber
Congratulations. Now you can start modeling baby dolls, and puppies, and yellow rubber duckies - my youngest granddaughter just turned a year old and is nuts about anything duckies (not sure why must be grandpa). If you can get your girl to play with virtual dolls, you'll save a bunch of dough - but then maybe not - having to buy her a computer so she can snip snip her own doll clothes gonna be more expensive than real dolls .....

p.s.: don't forget to make Kens - but please not like the one in toy story 3

# 20 23-02-2011 , 11:17 PM
Lifetime Member
bahahahaha BabyDuck...thanks mate...no my girl will be a Tomboy methinks...with 3 older brothers to knock her into shape...she will be a toughy like her Mum LOL. I will however try and get her into riding horses..the missus and I are hopefully going to buy 10 acres just out of Perth...and horses are on the cards...as well as dirtbikes...so she will be a busy little girl LOL. I just hope she doesnt get a passoin for Ben10...like my youngest fell....gaaawwwdd he drives me nuts with it!!

Thanks again mate

bullet1968

Last edited by bullet1968; 20-03-2011 at 10:59 AM.
# 21 24-02-2011 , 08:57 PM
Wow, only just seen this thread, congrats Bullet, hope all goes well for all involved!user added image

# 22 24-02-2011 , 10:53 PM
Lifetime Member
LOL thanks dango.....yeh the missus has been crook the whole 5 months so far....hopefully it gets better soon...a sick pregnant woman is not fun LOL

cheers bullet

bullet1968

# 23 28-02-2011 , 10:39 PM
Lifetime Member

Gratz Bullet

Congratulations Mate user added image

I know you live on the other side of Australia but I was joking with a mate the other day that Julia must be adding something else apart from the fluoride to the water here in Qld. Generating a greater tax base to pay for all her policies??? (or something I thought was incredibly intellectual at the time) Here in Qld. Sheilas are popping out sprogs all over the shop. The conspiracy is more widespread than I'd feared...

I shouldn't steal your thunder here on your thread... But:-
I too added a girl to the worlds population on 10th Feb (my wife did alot of the work)
In a post here at SimplyMaya someone suggested naming a Boy Max, or a Girl Maya... My girl 'Jessica's middle name is now 'Mae'. Even after being told it was the name of a 3D software package, my wife liked it. Over the months the name stuck and evolved.... Not sure how Jessicas going to feel about that when she gets older????

Anyway wishin all the best to you and yours.

P.s - It's not the Vets you have to worry about it's the Midwives.... Don't ask!

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.
# 24 28-02-2011 , 10:59 PM
Lifetime Member
Bahahahah PMSL congrats mate...I must have missed your thread??? shit sorry mate. Yeh its a conspiracy or 3 going on mate dont worry...they are popping like champgne corks over here too!! must be soemthing to do with the 2 most powerful states in the Fed mate eh!!

LOL I dont think Jessica will mind...if you dont tell her of course!!! I think the missus has decide on Kallani...dont know if I spelt it right...I like the sound of it.

Nah we have had FANTASTIC midwives mate, cant complain...the gyno was a real prick..treated my lady like a lump of meat...we even kicked him out when Loki came into the world.....

cheers again mate

bullet1968

# 25 28-02-2011 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber

My girl 'Jessica's middle name is now 'Mae'.

I read that as "May"...

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 26 01-03-2011 , 12:48 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL so did I Chirone

bullet1968

# 27 01-03-2011 , 12:50 AM
EduSciVis-er
I've always thought Maya is a lovely name, but I wouldn't be able to tell my daughter that she was named after extinct PC software (c'mon, you think Maya will still be around in 15-20 years?).

# 28 01-03-2011 , 01:37 AM
Lifetime Member
Like any CAD program it will either survive and change or die stwert...and yes I like Maya too as a name but the implications might be a tad heavy later on for sure!! LOL

bullet1968

# 29 01-03-2011 , 04:59 AM
Lifetime Member
Nah Bullet it wasn't my thread where those names were proposed...

It's Supposed to be read "May" - like I said it evolved over time. Not at all like "Autodesk Maya" anymore, but at the end of the day thats where her middle name originated...

Kallani is a good name - Its soft and girlie enough to fit a girl on horseback.. yet has an edge to it that suits a the tomboy type girl who rides her trail bike through the scrub better than the blokes user added image

Gratz again Bullet-

Learn from others mistakes, it takes too long to make them all yourself.
# 30 01-03-2011 , 05:10 AM
Lifetime Member
Well with the 3 boys and me...she doesnt stand much chance of being a girls girl...Im sure Mum will have something to say about it...as she never really got time to be a girl in her youth...too busy muckin out animal huts and things....like me LOL...she already has the pigtails/dress worked out for Kallani (I must ask the missus how she bloody spelt it!)...Im busy sizing up the dirtbike requirments...oh and the archery needs...me and the eldest are going to join an archery club.....I just have to remember who on here was the fletching expert....hmmmmmm

thanks again all you wonderful people....BTW 3D I spotted Feists 3rd book in the Chaos (or mad gods) saga..gonna get it on the weekend...yyyyeeeeeeehhhhhhhha

bullet1968