Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 22-12-2006 , 09:36 AM
lmao, awesome!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 17 22-12-2006 , 02:23 PM
i have to say that I've gotten more then 1 detention at school for sleeping and jerking awake

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 18 22-12-2006 , 02:41 PM
yeah, I used to fall asleep at art school all the time. I remember, one time the teacher was giving a slideshow lecture of his work and i just slid off my chair and crawled into a foetal position on the floor. Probably not the most polite thing to do...

# 19 22-12-2006 , 02:42 PM
haha nice one

Live the life you love, love the life you live
# 20 22-12-2006 , 02:44 PM
Acid44

Originally posted by arran
yeah, I used to fall asleep at art school all the time. I remember, one time the teacher was giving a slideshow lecture of his work and i just slid off my chair and crawled into a foetal position on the floor. Probably not the most polite thing to do...

thats the best sleeping expereince ive ever heard, by faruser added image

# 21 02-01-2007 , 11:53 PM

thats the best sleeping expereince ive ever heard, by far

Definitely! lmao!

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 22 09-01-2007 , 01:55 PM
Subscriber
lol acid, i think mike should be afraid :p just kidding... haha acid just checked your myspace and looked at the sniper rifle lol... looks mean, have you ever shot one before?

rofl arran, how in the world did you have a dream like that? lol

well my worse dream...coudnt really remember my worst but i do remember a real wierd/bad one. i was in a war in a desert for some reason killing all these people then tried escaping which was successful but the ended up in my street infront of my doorstep? dont know how that works then at my house i got some ammo in my backyard and fought again even though i didnt want to... someone else was like controling me lol user added image

also a scary one was like 2 years ago on christmas day my next door neighbours house cought on fire for some reason and neally spreaded onto my house but luckily didnt,(flames where huge im telling you...single story but where acting like a double story flame)and that night when i went to sleep i had a dream and my house roof there were little spots of fire so i watered them out and when it was finally gone, out of no where it came backs and it kept on going and going... nightmare i tell you

# 23 22-01-2007 , 09:33 PM
Subscriber
i just woke up from a nightmare and scared to shits outta me! i was bored in the morning so i decided to post :p

in my dream i was going to school at night for some reason and there were terrorists like couple of hundred meteres trying to blow things up such as buildings, houses and everything near by. by that time there were swaming police cars everywhere... the police finally took over and was in control, so that time i though nothing would happen and i would go back to my usual schooling etc.

soo when i went inside a class room, the next minute i see a terrorist at the door and lock it from the outside, in. (wierd) the terrorist decided to bomb the school. He said "goodluck" and then released some sort of green/black gas into the room which lead everyone in the room slowly to was dieing or fall alseep.

(note, every dream i have i can tell it is fake for some reason, but this one felt like it was actually happen which made it worse) slowly when my eyes where gone i still had about 5 secs left of pure oxygen in my body and tried to break the window thats when i woke up and my heart was pounding soo fast that my lungs coudnt keep up with flowing air which lead me continuesly coffing... wierd dream dont you think?

marlon

# 24 22-01-2007 , 10:40 PM
Acid44

[i]in my dream i was going to school at night for some reason and there were terrorists like couple of hundred meteres trying to blow things up such as buildings, houses and everything near by. by that time there were swaming police cars everywhere... the police finally took over and was in control, so that time i though nothing would happen and i would go back to my usual schooling etc.

soo when i went inside a class room, the next minute i see a terrorist at the door and lock it from the outside, in. (wierd) the terrorist decided to bomb the school. He said "goodluck" and then released some sort of green/black gas into the room which lead everyone in the room slowly to was dieing or fall alseep.

(note, every dream i have i can tell it is fake for some reason, but this one felt like it was actually happen which made it worse) slowly when my eyes where gone i still had about 5 secs left of pure oxygen in my body and tried to break the window thats when i woke up and my heart was pounding soo fast that my lungs coudnt keep up with flowing air which lead me continuesly coffing... wierd dream dont you think?

marlon [/B]

hahaha the influence of the sniper...

ya i have shot one before i has a floating berrel so there was no recoil which i liked but when i tried the m1 carbine and the the bullpup they sprained my wrist :headbang: they stopped me from shooting anymore when i got the idea to put a ballistics gel dummy in a crowd of people and let me pick him off while the people moved around...:p

good times

BTW ive officially given up sleep im gonna try to last 8 days (ive done this before and i lasted seven) because between 5 and 7 days your supposed to go insane for some reason...

should be funuser added image

# 25 22-01-2007 , 11:55 PM
Subscriber
the m1 and bullpup must of been fun... ived also shot a rifle and also a shotgun, the onces with two red shells inside user added image cant wait for my 18th or i think i can get it now donno, my father is willing to give me his sniper rifle(dont know its name) and also buying a m40a1 rifle hopefully when i have the cash.

haha feel sorry for your body when you get no sleep :p

Last edited by marlonjohn; 22-01-2007 at 11:57 PM.
# 26 23-01-2007 , 07:10 AM
Acid44
my body will be fine if not ill kick its ass im doing this as an expirement of the mind so if i have problems with my body that get to bad im gonna be pissed

the bulllpup was the best imagine a treee shot burst with pinpoint accuracy up to 1.5 miles i missed my target most of the time but around the fifth or sixth try all three bullets went through the same hole it was awesome as for the m1 i barely shot it the bullets were just flying everywhere things got absolutly no accuracy at all but if is on semi-auto it keeps up with the bullpup... barely...

# 27 07-02-2007 , 12:55 PM
I've shot an AR-15 before. Awesome gun. Before that, I had only shot pistols, a gas Grenade Launcher, and a 12guage Police shotgun in the Academy. But, when it came down to the AR-15, hands down it was the coolest. I actually got a Marksmanship Award for the entire Unit with it, having shot 3 away from a perfect score. Awesome gun.

Oh, and I had a dream the other night where I was yelling at a guy for flying a remote control airplane as I drove by in my car. I went back to the guy and was yelling at him, and then all of a sudden, I was trying to catch the plane. Not very compelling, but weird:p

Eric Tacti
3D Artist
# 28 11-03-2007 , 05:26 AM
lol, you sure have some wierd dreams XD I can't think of my worst ones right now, but i remember one a few weeks ago where i was a soldier, but had to kill hamsters... And nothng but hamsters... But i had an evil general, so he was replaced with a hamster..

And the sleepy at school experience i also recognize. Just last week i was forced to go to sleep (on a continuationschool) for falling asleep while reading loud in german... They somehow noticed >_<

I'm newb, live with it.
# 29 11-03-2007 , 07:04 AM
Acid44
forced to go to sleep... for falling asleep... interesssting....

thats weird man:p

# 30 30-03-2007 , 08:44 AM
i am not going to let this thread die!

had a pretty scary dream last night - I can't remember the first part - it's kind of vague, but basically the sky had transformed into rock - kind of like a dyson sphere, but around the earth - and i was walking down a hill towards the city and the sky was slowly breaking up so that were dozens of fireballs falling to the earth as the bits of rock fell through the atmosphere. I made it to where I work, but by that time huge chunks were crashing through the ceiling as I cowered under my desk...

Not quite as freaky as my gillian anderson dream, but scary nonetheless. :mg: