Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 30-04-2003 , 09:21 PM

Photoshop Grandfather

hey guys, I made this ontop of my original sketch, i did it in photoshop. I drew the original in at about 3 in the morning after I found out he passed away. its been a while, so i decided to mess with it. I thought about sketching a full color version in Photoshop, but I thought that I would ask your guys opinion first. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 2 30-04-2003 , 09:39 PM
Simply Maya OG
Wow...amazing. I say you leave it like that. Sometimes colored versions of drawings/paints/whatever make it look less....better. user added image But yea, thats just my opinion.

- Hybrid
# 3 30-04-2003 , 09:39 PM
Subscriber
Looks great Brian. I'm sure you could do a really nice color piece. You using a wacom tablet right?

George

God Bless you and 3D
# 4 30-04-2003 , 11:35 PM
Great piece!
You could try vectorizing it. user added image
(Not as if you´re a masoquist lol)
<adldesigner stops making lame jokes>

# 5 30-04-2003 , 11:46 PM
Nice job Brian. It's always good to see some quality 2D work around here. user added image

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 6 01-05-2003 , 01:49 AM
Subscriber
Hey brian, just wanted to say.. im sorry to hear that. I dont really have any comments on the arwork as it came from your heart after hearing that news. Everything is great brian, wonderful 2d artist as well... maybe if i was to take this as just a sketch of a older man.. i would say the head looks a bit wonky (back of head, itlooks like a piece is gone).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 7 01-05-2003 , 03:36 AM
Awsome. I think you shuold spend alot of time working on a bw version of the one you have. Mabey less blury with more detail.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 8 01-05-2003 , 11:42 AM
Subscriber
nice man user added image
sorry to hear about your loss user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 9 01-05-2003 , 12:03 PM
Thanks alot guys! Well, this was originaly a pencil sketch (you can see it on my website). All I did in photoshop was use the paint tool and smudge tool to make that image. Its kinda messy, but that is becuase I was using a mouse user added image and I did it real fast. (sorry about the head distortion) THanks for all of your comments!
Brian E

Please check
My (old) website!