Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 06-07-2005 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

Theater

I am creating a movie theater from an image i saw at a site that sells models. so far everything is going pretty well, but i see a problem with some poly's. wondering if anyone can give me an idea what i need to do to fix the problem.user added image
the outlined area happened after i split some poly's. i checked the normals and everything seems to be going in the same direction. i have not tried rebuilding the poly's. just not sure if thats what i need to do. it started to happen after i split the border near the ticket window. any help is appreciated.

# 2 06-07-2005 , 02:24 PM
This could be the smoothing of the normals.

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 06-07-2005 , 05:12 PM
Subscriber
seems like its something along the lines of extra vertices. not sure tho. i went ahead and rebuilt the questionable geometry, and when i combined the poly's and merged the vertices there was some that would not merge. so i had to rebuild more geometry and eventually i corrected the problem. thanks for the suggestion tho. user added image