Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-04-2008 , 05:40 PM

One texture, many projections?

Is it possible to have one material with one texture but have several projections of the same material on different objects?

I'm using the same material on several objects, but because they are in different shapes, heights and angles, I am resorting to using many instances of the same material (now almost 30) but projecting it differently on each object...

If it is possible to just have one material and several projections (each one different), how do I do this? Thanks!

# 2 18-04-2008 , 09:31 PM
if i understand your question correctly - i think what you would need to do is place all of your objects' UVs in one UV map.

you could also just alter the texture using the place 2Dnode - it all depend on your project.

without seeing exactly what you're trying to do, it's difficult to advice you - post up a picture of your scene.

# 3 20-04-2008 , 06:35 PM
Yeah, I guess I should have posted pictures, but anyway, your advice about one UV map worked! Thanks arran!