Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-05-2007 , 03:53 AM
Subscriber

Is there a MasterReset switch in maya?

I guess some settings got messed up and I am getting some artefacts.
Is there a master reset which resets all the tools to deafults?

It would take quite some time to figure out the prob and resetting various tool options manually.

Thanks.

# 2 10-05-2007 , 04:23 AM
Hey njon,
I hope someone knows about a master reset switch because that would be very useful.

Just in case there isn't one, I do know that you can go into preferences and just go down the list reseting each category. However, I'm not sure if resetting all the categories resets everything.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 10-05-2007 , 04:48 AM
Subscriber
Thanks,
will check that.
There must be some script atleast for resetting all.

# 4 10-05-2007 , 06:13 AM
Subscriber
Ok, that render reset thing doesnt have any options I guess, only maya /mr renderer.

So doesnt help .

# 5 10-05-2007 , 09:09 AM
I was reading my help files this evening and ended up coming across something that might be the master reset. I havn't tried it but perhaps you want to.

It says that all settings are saved in a directory called "prefs", everytime you exit out of Maya. If I read it correctly, you can rename that directory (folder I think) to something else. Then the next time you open Maya, Maya will create a new directory. I think everything will be at default settings. Then if you want to go back to your previous settings, rename the previous directory back to "prefs" (or whatever it was). Then when you open Maya, you're previouse settings are restored.

Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 6 10-05-2007 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber
Thx Pfto,
will try that!

# 7 10-05-2007 , 11:07 PM
Subscriber
I can comfurm that everytime my setting get messed up all I do if delete the "prefs" folder under the "maya" folder in "my Documents" aswell as the maya.env (This one time thats was what was wrong) As soon as you restart maya they get replaced with new ones and its just like opening maya up for the first time. It also the file that I backup the most and just recopy over if something else goes wrong save time setting everything up agan.

good luck

Last edited by tweetytunes; 10-05-2007 at 11:10 PM.
# 8 11-05-2007 , 11:04 AM
Subscriber
Thanks tweety.

Why not actually just add a button "reset everytool" in maya, would make things more user friendly.

# 9 11-05-2007 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
because thats too simple

# 10 13-05-2007 , 09:41 PM
u can just delete the whole folder if u dont need anything

# 11 30-05-2007 , 11:56 PM
If you delete (or move might be safer) everything in the documents and settings>username>My documents/maya/ folder and then start maya it will regenerate everything in the folder and will reset all the preferences back to the default settings.