Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 30-01-2009 , 04:11 AM

help : darken mesh

hey all, i hope someone can help me with this:

basically, i downloaded a obj. for some texturing pratice.
imported it in, but the mesh is darken....

i know the mesh can darken when: you soften an edge or have a face has more then 4 sides.

ive added some pics to sort of show you what i mean.

thanks.

Attached Images
# 2 30-01-2009 , 04:46 PM
Try selecting all the faces on the side and then harden edges. Or, you could delete all the faces on the side, then do a fill hole. Either way should fix the problem.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 03-02-2009 , 01:35 AM

Originally posted by Perfecto
Try selecting all the faces on the side and then harden edges. Or, you could delete all the faces on the side, then do a fill hole. Either way should fix the problem.

Thanks. The fill hole worked, but how do i keep the original uv's?

# 4 03-02-2009 , 03:05 PM
I haven't done much texturing but my first thought is that if I wanted to try and keep the uv's, i would just select those faces and then use harden edge under the normals menu set...instead of deleting them and using fill hole. But again, I haven't done much texturing so I don't really know.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!