Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 13-02-2010 , 11:41 AM
Subscriber

new animation

# 2 13-02-2010 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
The only thing i can say about the video is the character doesn't seem to have any weight.
HE seems to be....floating? while i can see that his feet touch the ground, i cant tell that his feet are touching the ground, if that makes sense. Over all I'd give it a good grade. Just try to study some real world reference of how someones weight will effect them as they walk and dance, what types of inherent motions a body takes on due to movement and gravity, aside form the motions that are obvious form walking/ dancing.

G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 3 13-02-2010 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by legendofzombi
The only thing i can say about the video is the character doesn't seem to have any weight.
HE seems to be....floating? while i can see that his feet touch the ground, i cant tell that his feet are touching the ground, if that makes sense. Over all I'd give it a good grade. Just try to study some real world reference of how someones weight will effect them as they walk and dance, what types of inherent motions a body takes on due to movement and gravity, aside form the motions that are obvious form walking/ dancing.

G-man

thanks man. This is my first attempt at making a animation like this. I see what you mean he does feel a little light. I will get better though as I keep doing it. I needed to get the whole animation done and I animated over 120 poses over 15 seconds, it was a lot of work but fun. I probably could have done a lot more, but I want a potential employer to know I know how to animate which was the main goal. I will add more animation to clean it up in the future. Thanks for the crit though.

# 4 14-02-2010 , 04:51 AM
Subscriber
No problem.

Look forward to seeing more work in the future.
G-man

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!