Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 27-03-2003 , 04:54 PM
Subscriber

OpenGL/Linux

I just got my maya 4.5 for linux. I'm using RH8.0, when I load maya, it says on the warning window. "OpenGL isn't cofigured properely" Does anyone knows to fix that problem on LINUX?

I have a ATI Radeon 128 Pro, 32MB

When I run Maya 4.0 on windows on the same computer, it works fine, the colors itself are very good comparing with 4.5 on linux...

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 2 27-03-2003 , 07:53 PM
I can only guess here since I don't have Maya for Linux. But I do have RH8. RH8 by default comes with (somewhat slow) software OpenGL called Mesa. If you want to take full advantage of your gfx card hardware acceleration you need to get ATI specific kernel drivers and OpenGL (GLX). I have no idea if ATI has made those for Linux. NVidia has and I'm using them happily with my Geforce2 card user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 3 27-03-2003 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
I looked on ATI's webpage, and it says to use DRI, which I'm using now by default.... I don't know what else to do. I 'll look for another drive. Thank Kbrown

Rodrigo Soares
www.r3dimensional.com
# 4 15-04-2003 , 12:07 AM
i think radeon cards are supported with DRI which comes with the XFree package. you just have to edit your XFree config file to have XFree use the radeon DRI drivers.