Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 21-11-2003 , 05:05 AM

Maya cloth problem...

Check the attachment, its a playblast of my problem.

It's easier to understand my problem by the playblast, but for those who are lazy i'll try and explain... I'm curious, why when I have my cloth setup, and it seems to be working, that it seems to be attached to the suface (a nurbs ball) it recently collided with when the ball should be moving too fast for the cloth.

eg. a towel resting on a basketball that someone is holding... that person lets the ball drop, and the cloth should be left in the air, falling cause the ball is moving too fast...

Can anyone help? user added image

Attached Files
File Type: rar wtf.rar (147.8 KB, 170 views)

Maya 5.0.1 Unlimited
"I had so much fun with that bike...more tea mr. bike?"
UPDATED!: Online Maya Archive: 1040+ Tutorials!!

"Severe damage appears like magic knife fight!"
My Wheel Tutorial | Maya 5
# 2 21-11-2003 , 05:44 AM
Looks like you might have the gravity on the cloth to high, try lowering it down a bit.. so the ball would have time to leave before the cloth would react..

Still thinking on other possiblities

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-11-2003 , 02:06 AM
well, the thing is, is that the cloth falls normally in the beginning (https://www.hellrender.com/velvet.avi) but if the ball starts to move fast, its attached!

I dunno, its really annoying... I'm not gonna dare animate a real scene with cloth until this is fixed!

Maya 5.0.1 Unlimited
"I had so much fun with that bike...more tea mr. bike?"
UPDATED!: Online Maya Archive: 1040+ Tutorials!!

"Severe damage appears like magic knife fight!"
My Wheel Tutorial | Maya 5