Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 24-11-2017 , 03:34 PM

Character Animation Cycles - Manny

I need to create some animation cycles for video game and could use some feedback. I've only attempted animation once and that was many, many years ago. Hopefully, I'll have better luck this time. The animations don't have to be perfect, just acceptable. The current character mesh is just a temporary mesh.

Here's a You Tube video of my walk cycle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZKc...ature=youtu.be

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 2 26-11-2017 , 08:57 AM

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 26-11-2017 , 09:08 AM

Exceed Expectations!
# 4 27-11-2017 , 06:18 AM

Exceed Expectations!
# 5 28-11-2017 , 04:11 PM
I've been trying to get the model and animations into Unity to test them but there's an issue with the bind pose. All my attempts to fix it have failed so I'm going to create a new rig and apply my current animations to it. Hopefully in a few days I'll have a successful test update to post.

Exceed Expectations!
# 6 12-03-2018 , 08:56 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Hey Perfecto, I feel the initial anticipation of the jump cycle could be a use some work. He goes from standing to mid air without any downward force, I think it would make it look a lot cleaner if there was a downward force (bending down to build the energy to go up) with a slight pause before leaping into the air. I think it would make it feel a lot more natural.