Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 151 27-07-2008 , 01:27 AM

Originally posted by THX1138
I decided to get back into sketching again after being out of it for a few years.

Here's a cheeta that I did just recently. Let me know what you think.

I freaking love this user added image SUPERB!! user added image

# 152 27-07-2008 , 01:28 AM
Seein all this is makin me want to pick up a pencil again rather than a mouse user added image or combining the two user added image

# 153 27-07-2008 , 06:22 AM
19 year Veteran
Cheers s2-speedy, glad you liked that piece! user added image Looking forward to seeing your stuff!

# 154 27-07-2008 , 03:44 PM
Subscriber
did this in '89 years ago.., the last thing i did.., it was the product of having done NO drawing for years then a three month binge drawing constantly trying to get into art school.., fruit bowls and such.., the enrollment went in too late so i missed out there

Attached Thumbnails

take it easy and life will be easy
# 155 27-07-2008 , 03:49 PM
the feet confuse the hell out of me......

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 156 27-07-2008 , 05:34 PM
19 year Veteran
Not me, but I guess I interpret it a different way.

Anyway, very nice work mirek03! user added image One thing about pencil art that seems to bother me more now than it use to is show the pencil strokes. It seems to distract me for some reason, don't know why. I try to emulate a painted look more than anything else, but thats just me. Still trying to develop my own personal style.

Just curious, what did you use to capture it with?

# 157 28-07-2008 , 01:13 AM
Subscriber
an old canon scanner straight onto PS.., then did a little levels thing for the contrast.., try to get that pencil that has fallen off over the years.., get some of the blacks back and the contrast.., why do you ask?? user added image

interesting about how you feel about pencil.., cool.., i think its an attitude toward making your own style.., i dont mind the pencil stokes.., but i used to try to blend them (light strokes with a super sharp pencil) till there were not there.., never smugged.., maybe the very sparse use of a small piece of paper at times when i needed that look.., but i tried to get the shadowing to tell the story (so to speak) with individual stokes.

# 158 28-07-2008 , 01:47 PM
19 year Veteran
At first glance it doesn't look like a scan. I thought maybe from digital camera. Most people I know that do pencil art or charcoal ect use large sized media to do the work on, so naturally I thought it was too big to have been scanned. I was only curious thats all. You should stay in practice, it will eventually pay off. The work is really good. The one thing I like about it apart from the fantastic shadow work is the fabric that shes wearing that you can see through. You don't see that in pencil work very often. I thought the hair could have used a little more attention however, but over all I thought it was fantastic work.

# 159 28-07-2008 , 03:24 PM
Subscriber
Well my buddy Luciano provided me with user added image

I have since elaborated a bit some of the parts, or redesigned them on paper to fit the needs of something I can understand and think could function in the model.
user added image

Peace, love and Anarchy~~~~~~~
Arch Viz Reel

My Website is Finally Back up!

“Welcome to the Internet. Where the men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.”
# 160 28-07-2008 , 05:39 PM
Subscriber
thanks there THX.., to my defense it IS too big for the scanner so i made sure the parts i like best were scanned.., i should have used a camera.., didnt think of it.., live and learn.., there is more attention to the hair outside this scan.., but.., well.., i have done hair to a photo level.., but this didnt call for it so much.., i guess the black hair and the lighting.., i drew it from a photo.., and if there had of been high lights.., i quarentee they would be there user added image

cheers dude.

btw.., its Mirek user added image

# 161 18-08-2008 , 12:26 PM
hehehe

Attached Images

Environment Artist @ Plastic Piranha
www.joopson.com
# 162 18-08-2008 , 04:50 PM
Subscriber
wholly crap dude, that thing is halariously awesome!

lovely expresion

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 163 19-08-2008 , 12:51 AM
Acid44
agreed

i want one

# 164 19-08-2008 , 07:21 AM
Cool thread.

So when I'm NOT trying to learn Maya I'm a photographer and graphic designer (pretty much in that order). My personal work is mostly digital collage. Here are a few samples:

user added image

user added image

user added image

# 165 19-08-2008 , 10:59 AM
19 year Veteran
Awesome work graycard18, very inspiring stuff! You have a very good eye for presentation !user added image

Hey Joopsoon, very funny illustration! You have to post more! user added image