Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 17-08-2006 , 05:55 PM
Subscriber
and some more in different poses, some of the shadows and muscles are probably wrong, but I'm still learning about anatomy...

Attached Thumbnails
# 47 17-08-2006 , 07:43 PM
Wow - some really nice drawings Farbtopf - i really like the idea of a dancing fat dinosaur and I would definitely like to see some more of your sketches.

As for the wacom, I bought an Intuos 3 about a month ago and it seems to be really good, though I haven't really devoted enough time to getting to grips with it yet, so it still seems kind of awkward.

# 48 23-08-2006 , 09:26 AM
Subscriber
thanks, I'll try to put some more of my stuff here. It's the scanning I can't be bothered to do user added image
Man, just got all email notifications at once... my inbox is spammed with simply maya mails hehe

# 49 25-08-2006 , 03:36 PM

Superman1

user added image

# 50 25-08-2006 , 04:30 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
CPTgame

You posted this before right? Its still the same, get rid of the black lines and add correct light and shade using the colors only and some nice facial details would improve this a whole lot

Farbtopf:Cool sketching...fun stuff

Cheers
Jay

# 51 25-08-2006 , 04:51 PM
Banned

Shouldersword

Here's a concept of my shouldersword. Attached a small render down there... user added image
user added image

# 52 26-08-2006 , 05:17 AM
Jay I had posted a previous version of it before. I finished up the painting in this version, cleaned up some of the erraneous lines. The black lines are going to be staying however because i want it to look more comicy than photorealistic.

# 53 26-08-2006 , 09:28 AM
Subscriber
ctpgame ...
I must say...i've been an avid reader of comics for years, adn with the exception of Black and white comics, I.E. Sin City, or James O'Barr stuff..I cannot remember anything from a reputable comic artist that had...such bold black lines all around..
Comic artist, the good ones, I.E. Jim Lee, and Gregg Capello, and Todd Mcfarlane.. ect ect.. They use TEchniques such as a "lite' i think its called, where they dont actually draw the boundaries of their art, unless nessicary, but they use the shading around the boundaries to dictate them.. with a slight lightened space btween the shadow and the boundary in question..
or other methods similar to that...
Thats like, some stuff ILM would have rubbed Vasoline on a camera lens in the 70's to get rid off...

I agree wiht Jay, rid the image if the aforementioned lines, and Use colors, and composition to make it more 'comicy' if thats what you are truly going for...

if anythign the black lines, in my opinion, take away form the picture adn say " hey, look at me, i can color within the boundaries.."...Sorry if thats a bit harsh

G

Follow My Business
On The Web!
Or
On Facebook!
# 54 26-08-2006 , 05:26 PM
Yeah I agree with LOZ

I think I was a litle unclear but he has nailed the explanation. The lines detract from the rest of the image...

G: The crit isnt harsh, its to the point and is justified in your expantion

Jay

# 55 26-08-2006 , 09:29 PM
Subscriber
hi,

I tend to agree with legendofzombi and jay. The lines do distract, but if you want to keep them it's your choice. What bothers me a lot more is that he has no face. It is realy hard to look at a character without a face because your eyes are automaticaly drawn to this empty area, since our brain connot make proper sense without it.
Also, do put him into a context or give him a shaddow at least. Environment can improve o a lot.
About harsh citique, I like if somebody is honest as long as it'S constructive and with reason. Sweet talk doesn't help anyone, you just don't learn anything.

# 56 05-09-2006 , 03:57 PM
Subscriber
Allo
Did this in photoshop today.

EDIT- Fixed it up

Attached Images

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge

Last edited by Some Guy; 05-09-2006 at 04:58 PM.
# 57 05-09-2006 , 04:20 PM
The color palette is very good, now just make the features less blurry

Jay

# 58 13-09-2006 , 05:43 PM
Subscriber

Line Art

Hi all, I was abit reluctant to post after seeing some of the stuff here and the various links, plus I think this is my first post on here. But here's some of my drawings from over the years.

The original drawing was by an artist from games workshop. I decided to hand draw it in Dpaint on the Amiga many years back. The Worf one Icopied one from a Star Trek poster about the same time, took me about 72 hrs.
user added imageuser added image

The skulls in this one I have original drawings and traced them together to form what you see here, originally designs for tattoos (exscuse the tea stain on the right, lol). The Cloud 9 series, I did originally plan to do a whole series of drawings, but ended up doing ony a few.
user added imageuser added image

The focal point of this one was the sword & snake, notice the skull again which I took from an original I did years ago.
user added image

I did this one ina couple of lunch breaks a few years back, the dragon looking over the top I rescanned and painted in photoshop.
user added image
user added image

Although not concept drawings I do plan to do the Space Marine, the Cloud 9 wizard and the Sword & Snake in maya, but they are a long way off yet. I'm still learning user added image

Last edited by Wraithe; 28-09-2006 at 07:54 PM.
# 59 20-09-2006 , 06:19 PM
Subscriber
heya,

back from holiday, and my drawing tablet has arrived wuhu! I never thought a computer could be the same as good old graphic markers, but un fact its better, I still cannot believe it. There's lots to learn, but this is what came out after messing around with painter for one or two days. All crits welcome!

Attached Thumbnails
# 60 01-12-2006 , 08:14 AM
Hiya guys. Lovely thread user added image

and farbtopf i bought a Graphire2 quite cheap, and it suits me fine. It´s only a hobby (atm user added image) i made this on it as my first digitizer drawing, and its quite messy so... ivé wanted to do something out of it. But atm i´m quite busy, but ill definently make it... at some point..

Attached Thumbnails

(__/)
(='.'=) This is bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination