Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 226 08-01-2017 , 08:54 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
So a bit more on the mesh update

the mesh on the left has one subdivision and if thehead and the feet were present I figure we'd be looking at an ideal base mesh to begin subdividing in Mudbox or Zbrush and then start our sculpting at around the 20k mark as far as polys are concerned as I said before, then as mentioned in the previous post we would then update the base mesh over in maya with the newly sculpted one using either a blend shape or a transfer attributes, using the the closest point and and vertex position attributes.

I will try and get a freebie tutorial done for the site as it would only take like 5 minutes on a video to explain the process.

images below of the current update after a reprojection of the scan in zbrush at 2 and 3 levels of subdivision

Cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 227 08-01-2017 , 09:06 PM
and here is the current mesh with a subdiv level of 4 and still only comes out at 179k polys. Again it would probably balance better had we attached the head and feet...but its a just a rough idea of what can be achieved

cheers

Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 228 17-06-2018 , 08:44 AM

and here is the current mesh with a subdiv level of 4 and still only comes out at 179k polys. Again it would probably balance better had we attached the head and feet...but its a just a rough idea of what can be achieved

cheers

Jay

Looks good, but something about the shoulder blades bug me.
Might be they jut out too much, not sure.

# 229 17-07-2018 , 06:32 AM

Looks good, but something about the shoulder blades bug me.
Might be they jut out too much, not sure.

hmm your right I kind of noticed it also but not really sure though.

# 230 17-08-2019 , 09:19 AM
An update to this post after a very long absence.

I can see the point of the blades from the comment. But bear in mind this was taken from an actual scan and reprojected. With the arms up like this and slightly back you are actually witnessing skin compression in that area. I'll dig this out later on and do some close ups.

cheers for now
Jay