Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 106 24-12-2007 , 11:42 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Hey Weyu

I dont think the placement of the poles are that bad to be honest.

the one on the cheek is okay, its not placed in an area that will cause probs if you were to make it animatable (ie:blendshapes) the one I would look at and redirect the edge flow is th one near the mouth, Ive penned over your render, so you can see.

the forhead to from the nose could use a little tweak. Just bring the edges a little higher and terminate them as before. but I wouldnt worry too much with these areas until the whole head is complete at base level with an ear included, then go to town adding and refining the mesh. you'll see more areas to tweak as you go and want to improve later.

Try and keep the polys as near to square as possible too if you can, this will help immmensley in the uv editor.

Overall its a pretty good start

Cheers
Jay

Attached Thumbnails
# 107 16-02-2008 , 07:10 PM
i have been looking over this thread and thought it worth mentioning the fsce loops that form the arch around the mouth ... some have it right some have it wrong but my point is that it should run over the top of the nasal arch as in "weyu's" and not into the arch like a few of the previous ... it seems like a small thing but you will stare at it for days trying to work out why it just aint right and gees its a bugger to try and fix later (dont i sound like the voice of experience ... not posting drawing as the previous posts sought of show ituser added image

"Climbing the walls of the 'Uncanny Valley"
# 108 23-02-2008 , 03:03 PM
Okey been working on the head, for better or worse who knows. I've also added ears to the model. user added image

I've tried following your advice and I think I've managed to change the location of the pole on the chin.

user added image

user added image

# 109 31-03-2008 , 01:19 AM
Need some nose help user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 110 31-03-2008 , 01:53 AM
Its absolutely fine, very similar to one of my own, just shape it out a bit more

Cheers
Jay

# 111 31-03-2008 , 11:28 PM
It looks fine for me from side and from top but from center view it looks crapp some how big unnatural dunno ... i already shape it about 1 h and still no effect user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 112 31-03-2008 , 11:31 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 113 01-04-2008 , 12:41 AM
The holes are wrong, if anything too small. get some reference off google that should help

_J

# 114 11-04-2008 , 01:04 AM
I think that the edge of the eye is looking to sharp, should be a smother transition to the actual head I think.

And the fact that it doensnt have a mouth is really creeping me out! user added image

And yeah the hole of the nostrils are way to thin as stated before by Jay.

Looking at my work a few weeks after is kind of fun, I feel more pleased with it now then when I was working with it, finnaly I feel that I got a idea of how a human looks like, my first attempts were just patethic. user added image

# 115 15-04-2008 , 05:19 AM
Need some mouth help now ... the nose looks good user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 116 15-04-2008 , 05:21 AM

Attached Thumbnails
# 117 15-04-2008 , 05:28 AM
No No No, the holes are still way to thin, try to stick two fingers in your nose and se how far away they are from eachoter. user added image

And yes the mouth is a real horror for all of us that dont have the topology of the face covered yet. I think that it look a bit to flat right now tho, it need to follow the shape of the head. I personaly think its easier when I think that some teeth are supposed to be behind that shape.

I hope it helped a bit, for more detail about the topology check this thread or google. user added image

Best of luck!

# 118 15-04-2008 , 05:32 AM
two fingers in your nose ? wtf user added image i can't get 2 fingers in my nose ... :blush: this is my size nose (rofl) i will check some topology ... some things .. i work on this mouth about 2 days now .. and still getting this fu*** shape ... :headbang:

# 119 15-04-2008 , 06:27 AM
Okey, and well you should post your reference when you refer to it so that we dont have to wonder what kind of human that looks like that.

To me your nose looks like this. user added image

user added image

While a real nose looks like this(And no its not me its just some random pic from google.user added image)

user added image

And as you can see I'm ofcourse talking about the nostrils.

# 120 11-05-2008 , 07:42 PM
Here is my fist head done ... yeah it's not done user added image i will get it into Zbrush and shape it till it gets good forms user added image

add critics about everything ... i know the nose wholes are not right ... some more stuffs are not right ..... yeah i'm still newbie in Topology user added image but i will learn k w8 C&C i will start my first steps into Zbrush so will be hard i think user added image:blush:

Attached Thumbnails