Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 23-07-2017 , 04:09 PM
Subscriber

MP Grimlock

Well after a prolonged break from using Maya - starting a project to dust of the cobwebs. Going back to a fav of mine - Grimlock from the Transformers. Whole new model based on the new version of the old toy I made before. But this time not going for the toy look but we see hoe it goes.
What its based off - I have the normal verson but this custom looks so much better...

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread...-ver-3.995483/

SO I guess my WIP are back as well hehehe - Started with the head

user added image

Last edited by tweetytunes; 26-07-2017 at 12:19 PM.
# 2 25-07-2017 , 07:48 AM
Lifetime Member
Don't think you had many cobwebs going there! user added image Looks a very good start.

# 3 25-07-2017 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
Ha - I wish.

View ports being in different places - cut tools, merging verts, smoothing, Outliner and so much more are soooo different in C4D. That and Maya has changed quite a few of my normal tools since 2015 (that multi-cut tool is not my fav right now).

All those years using Maya - lost after a few months of C4D - I felt like a noob at some points.

But its all coming back to me now - slowly.

Thanks for the words man

# 4 25-07-2017 , 07:24 PM
Lifetime Member
Once you learn to ride a bike...

I still have my trainer wheels on, can't seem to find the time to take them off an dfall down a few times!

Looking forward to updates.

# 5 26-07-2017 , 12:13 PM
Subscriber
Well it turns out Maya 2018 is turning itself into C4D with some of its new features and is helping me get back into it abit faster - which helps. HEHEHE.

Small update :, - Problems with the Autobot logo so that is gone for now and yet to do the left side detail on the inner part of the chest. Parking this here for the next few weeks to focus on the Artstation challenge, but all is going well and will be back on it soon.

user added image

# 6 26-08-2017 , 09:56 PM
19 year Veteran
Nice work as always tweety! It's always good to see classic Transformers. I still remember the old Grimlock you did years ago. Amazing work still!

# 7 03-09-2017 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
Thanks THX1138 - After working in Cinema4D for so long in a job that sucked the fun out of modelling for me, I want a project that would remind me of how fun it used to be. One of my fav project from back then was the Grimlock based on my old toy. And since I now have a new toy, I thought I would build that one and remember how to love it again. HEHEHE.

user added image

Picking this back up as of today as my comp entry is dead as I have had to do so many art tests and job applications and presentations that the time has flown away. It was all worth it, but I`ll never get it done in time now. So back to this guy.