Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 17-03-2015 , 09:43 AM

Add rename between 2 characters in original name

Hi People,

am trying to construct a script that creates a pentagon with many options, like add locators, clusters, circles at vtx coördinates, stuff like that.... what i would like to create but have no idea on how to start is this.....
in the script i create a few objects like polyFace, Clusters, locators.... i give them a name already (maybe this is a wrong approach..???)
since my newby understanding of MEL.... please advise.....

so now i have this collection of objects......
named with in their name a prefix of their type then the position on the pentagon, and an exta _1 to make sure the script does not bug down when creating multiple pentagons in 1 scene.....

now my next step is..... trying to figure out......
take from a textField the name i want to add
and add it...(in between 2 characters of the already excisting name..)
( "after the type prefix, before the pentagon position")

if needed....;-)
please advise on a ("how to" strategy).....

attached is the script i have sofar.......

thank you for your time sofar...... i hope anyone can put me in a proper direction.....

thx....

Attached Files
File Type: txt vFX_2015_Pentagon.txt (9.2 KB, 276 views)

The Universe is larger then you ever can think, But smaller then the size of your imagination.

all are welcome at www.ieoie.nl

Last edited by ieoie; 17-03-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: forgot a thank you..... ooops.....