Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 06-04-2013 , 12:28 PM

camera independent resolutions

hi,

is there a way I can assign different render resolutions (or aspect ratios to be more precise) to individual cameras - or test render at the film gate ratio at least.

I use Maya to create reference renders for comic book pages. It works well to set up the 'scene' and have different cameras around it that represent the various page panels. I can assign layers to quickly remove or add items that appear in each panel.

the nature of such is that the panels are different sizes. Ideally I'd like a setup where each camera has a film or resolution gate that roughly matches it's corresponding panel, so that I can adjust the angles and composition fairly precisely at this stage.

Anyone any suggestions how I can create such functionality?

thanks

Last edited by se7enhedd; 07-04-2013 at 10:03 AM.
# 2 06-04-2013 , 04:02 PM
SM Tea Boy
there is a script to do this in max, as far as i know with Maya it's not possible. It's been a while since i looked into it though so maybe someone else can help i would not get your hopes up though.

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"