Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-01-2009 , 04:17 PM

Animating character help

I have my character finished (a lego man) and have given him a skeleton and bound this to himself. I have also animated him walking on the spot (which loops) by simply placing his limbs in various positions and setting keyframes (i.e. he bounces up and down and legs and arms swing) which i'm happy with.

However i now want him to perform this walking loop as i tell the character to move forward/ follow a path.

How do I do this? and also is it a straight forward procedure to import my animated character into my main scene?

Thanks
Simo

# 2 06-01-2009 , 05:29 PM
Subscriber
Hi,

I found this very very helpful, very indepth also - covers a lot of stuff. $45 is definatly worth the money.

Digital Tutors - Walk Cycle

check section 22 of the tutorial contents.

22. Bonus Lesson: Adding forward translation to the character so it moves forward

I will have a look at mine in a while and post a reply on how this can be achieved if you dont want to purchase it.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mithandra

Last edited by mithandra; 06-01-2009 at 05:36 PM.
# 3 06-01-2009 , 05:55 PM
thanks, that would be very much appreciated.