Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 28-08-2013 , 02:56 AM

Reversing an animation timeline?

I thought I'd post this as a separate question to see if there's a simple solution. I'm still a bit new to Maya, and wondered if there is a simple way to reverse a timeline...a 180-degree flip-flop of everything, as if you were running it backward?

Thanks,
JT

# 2 28-08-2013 , 02:30 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
you could try to copy the key frames, then move them into position, I dont know if there is a way to "flip" the time line.

# 3 28-08-2013 , 07:49 PM
Technical Director
Select all of your keys in the dope sheet (Windows>Animation Editors>Dope sheet), then go to Edit>Scale>option box. In the left box of Time scale/pivot, enter -1, then click Scale Keys. Now just move your keys to the range you want.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 4 28-08-2013 , 08:49 PM
Subscriber
or if you just want to render it backwards just set it in the render options (eg "100" start frame "0" end frame) then set the renumber option to on

# 5 27-09-2017 , 07:39 PM
Hi from 2017. I came across this post, and wanted to add another approach for future readers.
Maya has a set of free, downloadable 'Bonus Tools' that are available in their App Store. The package has animation and UV tools (including 'reverse animation'), along with a bunch of potentially useful stuff. Current Autodesk download link is here:
https://apps.autodesk.com/en/Detail/...50172702393827