Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 24-09-2007 , 02:53 AM

Deformers that dissolve

Hey forum. I'm looking for a way to mould polygons without manually shifting each one or squashing them with the 3 main tools (working with high poly object). I understand usign deformers, but I want a means of dissolving it so I can basically delete the lattice or whatever I'm using and keep the mould I made. Is there a way of doing this?

'Sup Jono.
# 2 24-09-2007 , 03:50 AM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
You can keep the mould when you use a lattice, when you're done just delete the history of the object.
You can also use the sculpt geometry tool.
Good luckuser added image

# 3 24-09-2007 , 05:04 AM
Really? I'm not on my computer now but I swear when we were learning lattices, I deleted one and the object reverted to it's former.

'Sup Jono.
# 4 24-09-2007 , 09:04 AM
no, not delete the lattice, delete the history, then delete the lattice

# 5 24-09-2007 , 03:12 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
" delete the history, then delete the lattice"
when you delete the history the lattice will disappear on itself:p